Woven Stranded Bamboo Glue down.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
You'd think with all the problems associated with bamboo in arid zones a guy would simply walk away for those. But no, not me. :)

It started out a month ago with a call from a young couple who had previously called in numerous other contractors who simply walked away. The room had an addition in the back ten feet. Probably a porch added on. You could actually see the hump in the slab under the carpet.

The hump was really a drop in the elevation of the slab. With a six foot straight edge on it the drop down was from 2 inches to 1 1/2 inches. I got them to call in a concrete company that does heavy duty grinding. It took a two man crew all day to flatten it out. Then a month to let it dry.

You will note the humidifier and the Bostik One step adhesive. No humidifier, no bamboo. It's a very simple concept/ The young couple did not want to pay for any moisture testing of the slab so I did the obvious. Checked it with a CME, a laser thermomete, a thermo hygrometer. Humidity was 36 to 40% at the start of installation. Boxes of bamboo were opened for two weeks and stacked tick tack toe style to acclimate.

056.JPG

Pergo C1052877 065.JPG

Pergo C1052877 068.JPG

Pergo C1052877 075.JPG

Pergo C1052877 077.JPG

Pergo C1052877 080.JPG

woven strand bamboo 014.JPG

woven strand bamboo 011.JPG

woven strand bamboo 009.JPG

woven strand bamboo 001.JPG

Here's another shot looking into the back room. It had cutback on it. I skim coated with Planipatch/w additive. The run was right about 40 ft long. That gave the old arms a work out spreading that glue. Five rows at a time. :cool:

woven strand bamboo 005.JPG

Latest posts

Back