Ya got snow

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Hey Nick ! You have any snow? If not I think some is in your forcast-like 6-12 inches.
It was colder than a whore's heart this morning here, 28 degrees. Lots of frost and a whole lot of fog. Made things kind of white for awhile. Melted off now and 52 degrees.

Daris

Hey Nick ! You have any snow? If not I think some is in your forcast-like 6-12 inches.
It was colder than a whore's heart this morning here, 28 degrees. Lots of frost and a whole lot of fog. Made things kind of white for awhile. Melted off now and 52 degrees.

Daris

We got down to 33 here on the Oregon coast, Daris.......... frost on some roofs or sparklie things all over. Musta been the evaporation thing.
.............so what's you prediction for this winter?

We got down to 33 here on the Oregon coast, Daris.......... frost on some roofs or sparklie things all over. Musta been the evaporation thing.
.............so what's you prediction for this winter?

I haven't heard if it is susposed to be a lot of snow and if it is susposed to be a really cold winter.
But I'm sure snow and cold are in the forcast. I'm going to miss some of it I'm sure . Going to Ca. for a week or so and Vegas twice so that will give me somewhat of a break. But winter is one of my favorite seasons. I don't mind the cold and snow.

Daris

Already got 2 inches here, 33 degrees currently and dropping. we haven't had our first frost yet!:eek: Supposed to stop around 2 in the morning. High of 60 next week!

Just got power back from Saturday's storm! YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!:p
How were the teps after the snow storm? .....I was reading it was going to get cold, then snow, then it was going to warm back up.

Man...what happens without power for that long? I mean.
...TV, internet, the beer slowly warming in the fridge? :eek:

Just askin how you survived the near death experience.

How were the teps after the snow storm? .....I was reading it was going to get cold, then snow, then it was going to warm back up.

Man...what happens without power for that long? I mean.
...TV, internet, the beer slowly warming in the fridge? :eek:

Just askin how you survived the near death experience.

The temps dropped into the 20's as the storm ended, the next day was near 50 and now it has been hanging around 60 during the day.
We have a woodstove that we kept pumping! No beer in this house.TV i didn't really miss, except for hockey, the internet though, I forgot how much I am on it!:eek:
Pretty much everyone was in the same boat around here, your making calls looking for someone with a working shower, restaurants were packed. You waited an hour to get seated.I was making phone calls looking for a generator. Found one on day 3 and I think I saved everything in the freezer and the neighbors next door.We'll find out when we eat it!:D
Stayed in the house all 5 days. The adventure got old after the first 24 hours. We ended up getting 10 inches here, it was a bear to shovel. It was like shoveling water.:mad:

We get a lot of that wet stuff here . it's a bear on the snowblower .
Glad to see you have power back .
We got one inch.

We got a big one coming in Saturday, it's dropping in low off the west coast. That usually means the rest of the country is is deep doo doo. :D

I would have brought the blower , but i didn't get a call . :)

I have a snow blower, this stuff was way to heavy to be blown! I was bored out of my mind for 5 days, I wish I would have stored your number somewhere other than on my confuser. I would have called you for a place to take a hot shower.:p

. I would have called you for a place to take a hot shower.:p

There's always sponge baths.:) We use to take them around here 40 years ago when we didn't have power OR running water where we lived.(It WAS free though):D Just get a pot of water, warm it up on the wood stove and have at it. Did the trick. Not something you'd want to get in the habit of though.

There's always sponge baths.:) We use to take them around here 40 years ago when we didn't have power OR running water where we lived.(It WAS free though):D Just get a pot of water, warm it up on the wood stove and have at it. Did the trick. Not something you'd want to get in the habit of though.

We call them PTA showers. You figure out what P-T-A stands for.

Daris

44.4 on the coast over here in Oregon and it's noon.............. we ought to be warmer than that by now.
....yes it's raining.

The storm that blew through here last night kept me awake all firggin night. Winds 60 mph plus driving rain, snow in the mountains. It found a new way to leak through my roof. grrrr. Needed the rain but that wind was awful. Dropped our temps 20 degrees to the 60's.

Latest posts

Back