Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea you could even print with 10w-40! :D:D:D

There's always something new it seems like.

It's interesting to see the huge push to move from DSLR's to mirrorless cameras. I have both. In all honesty though, it still comes down to the exposure triangle and really the quality of the lens, more so than the camera body. Guys are dumping their old gear and spending thousands and still taking the same quality of pictures at the end of the day.

A lot of the new technology really just allows someone with less skill to have a better chance at getting a "keeper" which is great, but really not necessary if you take the time to learn.

The other huge push is towards hybrids that take decent still photos but do video as well. With Nikon purchasing Red, I think they're about to up their video on their models significantly which is one area they are losing market share to Sony and Fuji right now. I'm not really a huge video guy, so I'm more interested in better still photography and that's mostly driven by the glass you're using, more so than the camera.

I read an article recently that said you should spend about 2/3 of your budget on glass and the remainder on the camera body for the biggest impact on the quality of your images. I really think that's a solid piece of advice.

Both Tamron and Sigma are now producing really good quality 3rd party lenses which is helping drive the camera manufacturers to reduce their strangle hold on pricing for decent lenses.

I'm starting to focus in a little on Nikon and OM (formerly Olympus) as my "go to" systems. I've got Nikon, OM, Olympus, Panasonic, and Canon. Everyone always raves about Canon's color depth, but I can't really see a significant difference. I really don't like only having one adjustment dial that Canon seems to stick with. I like having two adjustment dials to make quick adjustments on the fly. Holding a button down and turning a dial while trying to look through a viewfinder just isn't the easiest thing to do when you're trying to keep a moving target in focus and in frame.

Last edited:
Very rare white deer. Spotted near Mo/Kan border.

very rare.jpg

Very rare white deer. Spotted near Mo/Kan border.

View attachment 19014
Looks like a Saanen Milk Goat. :D :D

I had one as a pet when I was a kid. We had a cowbell on her and she'd follow you around like a dog when you were outside. Dad never had her de-horned so she could protect herself. My beagle would antagonize her and every now and then she'd catch him and just ram him and send him rolling across the grass.

She got loose one day and took off down the road to the neighbors and jumped into their pond. Wouldn't come out and swam all the way across the pond. I ended up having to go in and drag her all the way home!

Looks like a Saanen Milk Goat. :D :D

I had one as a pet when I was a kid. We had a cowbell on her and she'd follow you around like a dog when you were outside. Dad never had her de-horned so she could protect herself. My beagle would antagonize her and every now and then she'd catch him and just ram him and send him rolling across the grass.

She got loose one day and took off down the road to the neighbors and jumped into their pond. Wouldn't come out and swam all the way across the pond. I ended up having to go in and drag her all the way home!
I had a Billy goat as a pet when I was a kid. He and my collie tolerated each other.

Commercial Floor Rep, as a side note, my son is an avid collector of Peter Lik photography. He has about a dozen of his pieces, with prices ranging from $4000- $18,000. Yes, I'm also thinking about investing in his work, because of the simplicity and beauty. I really hope you consider your own aviary collection.

Take a look at this multi-millionaire's work.

https://lik.com

Commercial Floor Rep, as a side note, my son is an avid collector of Peter Lik photography. He has about a dozen of his pieces, with prices ranging from $4000- $18,000. Yes, I'm also thinking about investing in his work, because of the simplicity and beauty. I really hope you consider your own aviary collection.

Take a look at this multi-millionaire's work.

https://lik.com
Thanks for sharing! His work is amazing!

Thanks for your kind words as well. It's pretty amazing that capturing light in a box could be so valuable, isn't it?

Actually, I'm considering coming out with a collection that's a bit "niche".

I figure with 29 years of claims photos as a back catalog, I should be able to come up with a few sellable images. 🤣🤣🤣;) I figure they ought to be worth a couple of used hockey pucks at least!

Here's a couple of captures from my Monday evening walk...

Rear Admiral Butterfly on a leaf...

LNP Rear Admiral fb 1-1-2.JPG

Chipmunk in a log...

LNP Chipmonk fb 1-1.JPG

Eastern Phoebe (this was a new one for me)...

LNP unknown fb 1-1.JPG

Latest posts

Back