5/27/17

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

In Remembrance

The first recorded execution of a witch reportedly took place in Massachusetts when Achsah Young was hanged.

St. Petersburg was founded by Czar Peter the Great.

Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco opened.

British ships sank the German battleship Bismarck off the coast of France, resulting in the loss of 2,300 lives.

Nobel-prize winning dissident, Alexandr Solzhenitsyn returned to Russia after 20 years in exile.

After a year and a half of bloodshed, Russian President Boris Yeltsin met with the leader of the Chechen rebels and negotiated a cease-fire.

Slobodan Milosevic was indicted by the International War Crimes Tribunal at the Hague for crimes against humanity.

*******************************************************************************************DAILY EXTRA********************************
1936...........The Queen Mary left England on its maiden voyage, arriving in France four hours later.

The Queen Mary is the only surviving major pre-war transatlantic ocean liner still in existence. The 1,019-foot ship currently resides in Long Beach, Calif. as a popular hotel, museum and tourist attraction.

Built to compete with France's vessel, The Normandie, the Queen Mary made its successful maiden transatlantic voyage from Southampton to New York in July, 1936. A luxurious cruise liner at peace time, the ship was also used to transport thousands of soldiers to duty during WWII. The worst tragedy in the Queen Mary's history occurred in October, 1942 when it crashed into the small British cruiser, the Curacoa, off the coast of Ireland. The smaller vessel was ripped in half, killing 338 men. The Queen Mary suffered a substantial hole in its bow, but was largely unaffected.

Ironic. I was at the Queen Mary this morning. She is looking a bit long in the tooth.
That has been happening to me a lot recently. So strange.
Three weeks ago a customer called and asked me, "what was the plumbers name you mentioned yesterday"? I was in a store when she called. Just as I was mentioning the plumbers name, his brother walked right in front of me. :eek:
Yesterday, I was talking to a friend on the phone. She invited me to go with them out of town for a Memorial day BBQ at her sisters place. Less than one hour later, I bumped into her at a second hand store when I was looking for parts to make my keg/BBQ
This afternoon, I called a friend just as I was leaving the house to go down to the hardware store. He doesn't have a phone mailbox set up and didn't pick up when I called....... so he had no idea why I was calling him.
10 minutes later, he and his dad were walking down the same isle I of the hardware store I was at. :eek:

Latest posts

Back