And now, back to the weather..........

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
We hit almost 73 today and that's pushing my comfort zone by a couple. My aunt lives in AZ and I haven't chatted with her for a while. Got to be unbearable down there right now. I guess that's what air conditioning is for.
That's gotta suck. I'd be in bed with an ice pack on my head nearing heat stroke, like when I was in San Jose visiting another aunt. I was 5 years old then. Spent the whole vacation sick from the heat. I doubt they had air conditioning.

Last edited:
We hit almost 73 today and that's pushing my comfort zone by a couple. My aunt lives in AZ and I haven't chatted with her for a while. Got to be unbearable down there right now. I guess that's what air conditioning is for.
That's gotta suck. I'd be in bed with an ice pack on my head nearing heat stroke, like when I was in San Jose visiting another aunt. I was 5 years old then. Spent the whole vacation sick from the heat. I doubt they had air conditioning.

My aunt and uncle lived in Oregon City years ago. I was only there once but it seemed like a great place to live. I still have a couple cousins out there somewhere. Can't remember their last name.

My aunt and uncle lived in Oregon City years ago. I was only there once but it seemed like a great place to live. I still have a couple cousins out there somewhere. Can't remember their last name.
That's about 250 miles north of me right near Portland. It's on the other side of the coast range so they don't get "marine air" It can get into the 80's to 90's regularly during the summer. Most of Oregon's population lives in that area so they can have it.
Here's tomorrow. Summer begins Tuesday I think.
http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?ororeg
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.3573&lon=-122.6068#.WUczoDHD69U

Last edited:
80-85 degrees is VERY comfortable with 0% humidity which isn't far from what's going on just east of Los Angeles in the irrigated, developed suburban landscape------otherwise known as DESERT.

It does help to have a pool. Water temperatures just last week were chilly. Cold the first minute you dive in and then very refreshing to float around in and submerge yourself every once in a while to cool off the sun bake.

The beer gets warm way too fast though. No sipping. You have to inhale and be done with it til you grab another out of the ice chest.

Yesterday and the day before the thermometer on my patio read 100 degrees. The pool water no longer has that CHILL when you first dive in. It's still refreshing to lounge about and swim around. When we had an above ground 4' for the kids at the other house when the temperatures stayed up in high 90' and 100s for a few days there was NO cooling off in the pool. Of course the kids were in there splashing and playing but it was like warm bathwater and I wouldn't even go in.

The deep end on my pool now is over 8'. I've yet to find out if the extreme heat waves will completely warm the pool water. I just got the keys Aug 29th last year and it was already cooling off. This heat wave we're having is awful early in the year. I'm about to dive in the pool right now before I go out to run some errands.

Latest posts

Back