Another health myth?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
"According to a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition by lipid scientist Ronald Krauss, M.D., and his colleagues, "there is insufficient evidence from prospective epidemiologic studies to conclude that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of CHD [coronary heart disease], stroke, or CVD [cardiovascular disease]." No one has ever proved a link between saturated fat and clogged arteries,As a result, the case against saturated fats has largely crumbled. Yes, consumption of saturated fat does raise LDL—but mainly the benign forms. The supposed role of these fats in heart disease has been debunked."

Next thing you're going to tell us is that potatoes, eggs and salt are bad for us. :eek:
So far, my quart of chocolate milk every morning for the past 30 years hasn't caused any health issu.......................

one of the biggest pharmaceutical scams out there are the lower cholesterol drugs like lipitor --which makes them billions yearly----there is no evidence that high cholesterol is in any way linked to heart disease--they just sort of hint it does

Actually, some studies diepute the claim that salt causes high blood pressure.

http://blogs.menshealth.com/health-headlines/its-okay-to-pass-the-salt/2011/05/06

I was kiddin......... Seems the powers that be have always been telling us.....this is bad, that is bad.
............then 15 years later, they come back and say.............ummmm ..never mind what we said before.

I think worryin about what they tell us causes stress and disease.
So I eat what I want. So far, so good. Only Dr. visit in the past 30 years was for a infection on my finger from a tiny poke or cut.

I started taking fish oil capsules and dropped my cholesterol from 213 to 174 in 4 months. Natural remedies is the only way to go.
I bet a lot of issues need no drugs. Once they prescribe you a couple, then you need a couple more to counter the side effects from them.......... then you'll be taking a dozen or more pills every day like my Mom is. :confused:

Careful with the fish oil, you may start growing scales and fins. Then there is the gills. Then you would be gillible.:p

Daris

He's just need to stay away from Darol and SK Steve. :D

Latest posts

Back