Crain cutter stretcher legs adapter #508

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSLI

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
My Polish brain hurts as I can’t figure out how to use this tool 😢 and I couldn’t find any ‘ how to video’ …. Hey Michael Hetts are you out there? I need some assistance please 🙏

Thanks incognito,

In my half sleep 😴 last night I visualized that drawing. I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer , 😝 but I do carry one. 😂
Jon C. Ream; the inventor of that patent was a member of Local 1247 IBPAT and co-worker. He was a real character. The Crain Cutter unit you asked about looks to me like a rip-off of his patent. I cant recall details but I believe he tried to sue them. I think they offered some settlement money that he refused and wound up with nothing.

if this is the one it extends tubes to go across the hall and pinches in between the walls so basically you canstrech any where in the hall.
1699907554403.png

Jon C. Ream; the inventor of that patent was a member of Local 1247 IBPAT and co-worker. He was a real character. The Crain Cutter unit you asked about looks to me like a rip-off of his patent. I cant recall details but I believe he tried to sue them. I think they offered some settlement money that he refused and wound up with nothing.
Crain don't want any tools that are patented already, just one that aren't. That way they can patent it under their name, so I am told.

Crain don't want any tools that are patented already, just one that aren't. That way they can patent it under their name, so I am told.
It's Jon's contention that they "stole" his ideas to create their product. Their in-house engineers, developers, lawyers and management evidently asserted that their technology was sufficiently independent to refuse to recognize his claims-------to HIS satisfaction. It's my vague recollection that he said they did offer him something he felt was an insult. I believe he wanted to sue but you know how such a lawsuit is structured. The lawyers he would have to use look at the potential "damages" and can only get 1/3 of any judgement or settlement (plus expenses). So I'm guessing either he had no legitimate claim OR there just wasn't enough money involved for any lawyer to litigate.

To me his drawing sure looks a lot like the tool in your pictures.

Latest posts

Back