Did you say I'm not getting paid?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
There's a 7 unit condo that's been setting idle for probably 10 years.

My cousin said we ought to see what they want for it and maybe arrange financing to complete it. The place has a fantastic bay view and there are very few sites along our long bay that are still available to build on. Really nice location, with a view of the bay, the seawall in the distance and the ocean beyond that. You could watch the ships come and go, the jets landing on the runway below you, enjoy the wildlife and sunsets.

We looked at the rot, broken windows etc and were all trying to guess a price and what would be needed to be done to make this a first class condo or townhouse complex.
While snooping around, my cousin spotted something kind of odd in the masons workmanship. It was all looking good up to this support.

We are just making a wild guess that while working on this particular support post, the GC came over and told the mason that this entire project had just been canceled .............and know body was getting paid. :eek:
Well, that's our best guess. :D

DSC00756 7  units in limbo 800.jpg

DSC00753 nice grout work 800.jpg

Here's a closer image of the masons artistry.
On the other posts, his work was fine............... so banding together in deep thought and putting on our Sherlock, Monk and Columbo hats, we determined that the mason had just been told that he wasn't getting paid............... and out of pure generosity, he completed one last support. :D

DSC00753 nice grout work enhanced crop 800.jpg

Latest posts

Back