Duo Fast tracker.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeeter

I have a duo fast eng-5418 that rapid fires when the trigger is pulled. It’s like a machine gun. Was searching online and couldn’t find and forms about it. Ran across this forum and saw that Chuck ( commercial floor rep) was knowledgeable on these trackers and was wonder if knew how to fix mine. TIA.

My brother had a Roberts tacker many years ago that did that. The trigger had a small plastic lockout in the trigger. That prevented the jar of the impact from re triggering the tool. I think you just need a switch.......
or move a lot faster 🤣

It's most likely the trigger switch is bad. The only problem is that I would need to see a picture of the actual trigger switch in the tool to tell you what to replace because there are 3 different versions depending on the age of the tool. If you have the latest version, then it's just the switch, but if it's an older version, you have to change the bracket as well.

It's not an expensive part to replace, but it's kind of a PITA because there are some really tiny parts up inside that thing that are tough to get fingers on and easy to lose.

P.S. sorry for the slow reply. I haven't checked in for a while as I've been on a "Mission from God". :) My role here at my company has changed quite a lot in the past year and I've been doing a ton of marketing / training material creation and hands on training (traveling and making joint calls on their customers) with our residential sales team as a result. So, haven't had as much time to get online other than a break in the action here and there (like today).

It's most likely the trigger switch is bad. The only problem is that I would need to see a picture of the actual trigger switch in the tool to tell you what to replace because there are 3 different versions depending on the age of the tool. If you have the latest version, then it's just the switch, but if it's an older version, you have to change the bracket as well.

It's not an expensive part to replace, but it's kind of a PITA because there are some really tiny parts up inside that thing that are tough to get fingers on and easy to lose.
I will pull it apart and get a picture today. Thank you for your response.

I quit buying Duo-Fast tackers. They simply aren't what they used to be. I now use the Powernail version and it has been pretty reliable so far. I have three Duo-Fast ones that don't work. Well, I also have one of those ancient ones with the round head somewhere oot in my garage and that joker still works. I hate how the quality of once solid brands has cratered.

The original Duo Fast was the only game in town American made and lasted forever I still have one and I wouldn’t take three new ones for it,
There are a couple of new brands that work for a while but nowadays it’s almost cheaper time wise and what not to buy a new gun !

The original Duo Fast was the only game in town American made and lasted forever I still have one and I wouldn’t take three new ones for it,
There are a couple of new brands that work for a while but nowadays it’s almost cheaper time wise and what not to buy a new gun !
Sears sold a rechargeable that was great, But by the time mine needed a new battery, they quit selling them.

Fact is I have several American made tools I wouldn’t care to sell simply because they’re 50 years or older and they actually still function as they were new. In contrast , two years ago I did a massive clean out of my shed and tossed a big canvas Rigid bag filled with Chinese crap that stopped working short of one year anniversary. I buy working tools at garage sales in these mobile home park community garage sales for five dollars that are fifty years old and still function it’s amazing

Fact is I have several American made tools I wouldn’t care to sell simply because they’re 50 years or older and they actually still function as they were new. In contrast , two years ago I did a massive clean out of my shed and tossed a big canvas Rigid bag filled with Chinese crap that stopped working short of one year anniversary. I buy working tools at garage sales in these mobile home park community garage sales for five dollars that are fifty years old and still function it’s amazing
Back when Craftsman's tools were still good, I would buy broken tools for $1 at yard sales and trade them for new

Latest posts

Back