Historical/current Election comparisons

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Actually, this can be a bit of a fun read. It's just a bunch of political writings comparisons and viewpoints that attempt to tell a bit more of what happened, what might happen and what happened in the past. Not so much controversial................ just viewpoints from a lot of writers.
I'm less than 1/2 way through it, and found it interesting. The page title is not really what this is about. It's more of an eye catcher to make you look.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/projects/cp/opinion/election-night-2016/heres-what-happened-with-the-latino-vote

https://twitter.com/jonathanwebber/status/796448989931417600/photo/1

Roughly 10 million less Democratic votes for President in 2016 than in 2008. For me THAT is the big story. They chose a horrible candidate who couldn't even maintain the support from prior years, let alone expand the party support. Republicans also attracted fewer votes but I guess their candidate was less disturbing to their voters than the Democrat was to hers.

Last edited:
Personally , I had enough of the campaign, and discussing it . :machine gun:
The campaign is over Nick.......... you should have watched the election night coverage. :D

Time to give a total outsider and non politician to shake up that 'old buddy' system.
I hope he shakes em till their fingernails fall off.

A month and a half ago I installed carpet, vinyl and laminate for an old customer of mine. We held off making a mess of the stairway as they had a home loan inspection scheduled. It was better to not have the stairway 1/2 way completed when the bank inspector came to look.
Anyhow, It's been a while, so I called them up to see if it was OK to do the stairs.

My phone call went like this:

Me: Hi, Roger. This is Randy, your flooring dude checking in. Been a while so I'm just checking in.
(I could hear both the upstairs and downstairs phones being picked up) They both said hello, simultaneously.

Me: I haven't talked to you since the election.............. long pause.
................and I was just wondering if everything is OK, ........or if you might be in need of some therapy. :D

Roger: ..........short pause.................. then laughter. (Trump hater)
I know my customers well. :D

They were disappointed and I knew it, ..........but 48 hours later they were over it. Life is too short to dwell. In 4 years, there's another election.
.................and they served me a full Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Turkey, corn, dressing, bread butter an that awful cranberry jelly in a can, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! Probably served me that crap because of my therapy wisecrack yesterday.

Hope Trump does well, and kicks the living hell out of the current old buddy system and makes both sides realize they need to cooperate. Both sides sucked this election year and I bet if Trump had been beat out by a carrier Republican politician, and Hillary had been beat out by a Democratic businessman/businesswoman/ non politician............ then the Democrats would have won. People wanted a shakeup. Now it's time to relax, set back and wait and see.

Havasu.......... I thought it was an interesting and a pretty 'light read'. I saw people/writers really analyzing what has just occurred. They didn't seem angry so much as shocked, but willing to admit both defeat and also a wait and see attitude. I think that's a better attitude than lighting cars on fire and breaking store windows. Time will tell if this was the right choice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back