I can't tell, is this Armstrong

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I'm carpeting three rooms in a 1940s ? Home. One bedroom has vinyl asbestos or asphalt tile and the smaller room has this. My camera isn't that good with colors. The floor is actually green tones.
I've seen a lot of different linoleums and vinyl rugs but I've never seen one like this
It's linoleum.

Attachments

• PXL_20210319_210304305.jpg
    PXL_20210319_210304305.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 116
It is a shame that we lost the "Art" in home décor. You know why suicide rates are high? Because everything is bloody Grey!

That is a nifty piece of flooring, I have no idea what it is, but it is purdy.

You'd have to scroll back through the old pattern books to be sure. I have Armstrong, Congoleum-Nairn where there are very similar patterns.

You'd have to scroll back through the old pattern books to be sure. I have Armstrong, Congoleum-Nairn where there are very similar patterns.
I started installing full time with my grandfather in 1975. To install one piece of Armstrong linoleum between them and 1978. I never saw or heard the word linoleum for the next 20 years. I actually thought they quit making it until it slowly started to return in the 90s. Since then I've only installed maybe three or 4 jobs with it.

Nifty linoleum tidbit...
Did you know it was registered as the first non-patent/trademark term? Its use was so widespread by the time someone tried that it was denied in court as a general use term. See floorlaying is nifty too =)

Latest posts

Back