Installation Rates

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retailers are paying installers $3.50 to $4.00 between 4 local shops............. but they will happily accept less. ;)
I've been charging $5.50 for the past 5 years and figure why not just go ahead raise it to an even number. It's either that or challenge the 25 year olds for an even lower price. If I dropped my price to $2.75 per yard, stores would be beggin' for me and I'd have more work than I could handle. :rolleyes:

I don't have a one price fits all installations, but the retailers around here that do, are in the $1.65-$3.00 per yard.
Grandpa raised his rates just before he retired in 1977 to $1.75 a yard
That is just plain sick paying less, almost 35 years later.
That said, I am 100% certain that customers are getting exactly what they pay for.

At that rate, if I completed two homes per day all by myself, I'd be settin pretty. :rolleyes:

I tell the customers $4.00 plus extras, they pay the installer.

I only work independent , insured , qualified installers.

I make no money off labor.

I was talking to some HD installers that work for an HD workroom yesterday. They said under $4 per yard with no mileage. They have traveled a bunch in the last 2 days. 3 guys and over 100 sq a day. I guess Wednesday it was 300 yd and a lot of windshield time. Said he was happier than pig in sh-t. Making money hand over fist. Go figure.

Daris

And those that do are working for free . ;)
I can make more money in one day , then i can in a week for a store and still give the consumer a better deal .

you posted you don't have a one price fits all. then another post saying $4.00 plus extras >pay installer.

No no no!

You are confused.

I am not Floorguy(Hugh, from Indiana) who has been impersonating me here, after he grabbed my handle as fast as he could, that posted "$4.00 plus extras >pay installer."

I am The Floorguy(Perry, from Texas) who has been "Floorguy" and now "TheFloorguy" here because of Hugh, that posted, " I don't have a one price fits all"

now i got it!!! i know "floorguy" from the other boards. i didn't really notice "the floorguy". i was thinkin... i thought you were in texas, you did flooring and have a flower shop with the wife! not indiana with a flooring store. that would have been quite the move!!! i'm DJ on the other boards but i couldn't use that here cause i needed more than 2 letters:)

Latest posts

Back