Last plank not long enough

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarGar

I started installing laminate flooring in the dining room. I measured the width of the room and made sure the last plank was at least 10in long (the recommended minimum length according to manufacturer instructions). However, I forgot to also consider that the width of the room leading to the garage door is different and now I ended up with 3in long planks.

What are the risks of leaving them that short? There will only be about 4 planks with such "length."
Are there any other solutions without having to remove the flooring I've already installed?

I wouldn't worry about it. But if you are you can glue it up with tongue and groove adhesive.

I kinda laugh at the idea that you should never have a plank shorter than such and such inches. When walls stagger from room to room, there's no way it's gonna happen unless you want to change the offset in you layout, and that looks crappy and unprofessional, to me anyway.

You did just fine.:)

Latest posts

Back