Modem

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not using your firewall leaves you exposed to various risks. Using it responsibly still lets you do all the things you expect to on your machine or gaming rig. If you choose to drop the firewall, it's easier to get into the vulnerable ports and compromise your machine for the benefit of the hacker. That's when packets with your valuable passwords get stolen, or if you're infected, it becomes easier to exploit things like trojan viruses which can be used to control your machine. Never disable your firewall, never accept files or click links from people you don't trust (and even then be cautious, because some people will infect you without intending to, or without knowing about it), and never use DMZ mode unless YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE GETTING INTO.

Not using your firewall leaves you exposed to various risks. Using it responsibly still lets you do all the things you expect to on your machine or gaming rig. If you choose to drop the firewall, it's easier to get into the vulnerable ports and compromise your machine for the benefit of the hacker. That's when packets with your valuable passwords get stolen, or if you're infected, it becomes easier to exploit things like trojan viruses which can be used to control your machine. Never disable your firewall, never accept files or click links from people you don't trust (and even then be cautious, because some people will infect you without intending to, or without knowing about it), and never use DMZ mode unless YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE GETTING INTO.

I'm on the slow bus .............what's DMZ mode?

DMZ Mode means - Demilitarized zone mode; Basically, it makes whatever device you link it to the main receiving node, all incoming connections will forward to that device, in most cases, unprotected. I'd only recommend using this on a device such as a PS3 or gaming console, not an actual computer, and nothing with personal files like pictures and documents containing your information.

Anyone wanna chime in, in case I've missed something or explained it unclear?

Latest posts

Back