One Piece at a Time?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
..........liked that song.
How 'bout a computer build?
Pondering such a beast with my confuzer. My new Power supply ought to be here by Monday.
A hard drive isn't expensive and I was thinking about this one. It's a little more expensive and has less capacity that a standard hard drive. It's about $70.
http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/ct275mx300ssd1
After that, a new motherboard and CPU would be on my wish list. ..about $170?

By the time you are done you can buy a new Confuser .

Where do you buy cheap confuzers?
$55 for a 500GB hard drive and $170 for the new MB and a Pentium i3.
I can worry about W10 if Microsoft ever gets it to the point where people actually like it. Like I said, one piece at a time.
I figure this way, I don't buy a "new'" confuzer filled with 90% crap that I will never use.
I don't game, stream, download any video or music.
Surfin' and my photo stuff is all I use it for. My Gigabyte case is big enough to sleep in.
...............and as of last night, it has a brand new power supply unit that's so quiet that a dog can't hear it running.

Last edited:
A 500GB hard drive is small in today's world . you can get a new one for around $300.00 . The choice is yours .

A 500GB hard drive is small in today's world . you can get a new one for around $300.00 . The choice is yours .
I know, but like I said. I don't store video or music. Currently my photos take up 30GB and it's taken a few years to put that much on the drive. Currently, I am using 92GB out of a 160GB HD. It would take a few more years to double that at the rate I am going.
I could buy a second HD later and store the photos on this second HD and use the 500GB as the main drive. I just figure for now, 500GB is plenty.
Also, there is a lot of stuff that was still on the current HD that was left on it when I got it. I'm scared to delete a lot of this old stuff because I don't know what items are safe to remove.

All I see selling these days is at least a TB.
That's because these days people take a lot of digital images and store movies, music and large digital photo files. I don't. My images are from my film scanner. I max them out at 30 to 40 mb each.
I'd need a large drive if I had a digital camera and ever got back into my photo taking mode again. I don't see that happening any time soon. But like I said to Nick. I could always add a second HD later, and it could be reserved just for the photos.......... or an external drive.

Right now I'm just pondering my options.

You could store your photos on a flash drive. I back mine up on one.
I have most of them backed up on a flash drive.
......actually more than one flash drive. Good thing, because two days ago, I plugged in a flash drive searching for a photo and the side of the drive flashed red in a code looking sequence. When I clicked to open that drive, my confuzer said "insert drive" .............ummm, I had already inserted the drive. The info on that flash drive is toast, I guess. I still have the info on the confuzer and on other flash drives.
Don't save important stuff only on one flash drive.
I think duplicate info on two different manufacturers flash drives might be a good idea................. I learned that from NASA. :D

Last edited:
That's because these days people take a lot of digital images and store movies, music and large digital photo files. I don't. My images are from my film scanner. I max them out at 30 to 40 mb each.
I'd need a large drive if I had a digital camera and ever got back into my photo taking mode again. I don't see that happening any time soon. But like I said to Nick. I could always add a second HD later, and it could be reserved just for the photos.......... or an external drive.

Right now I'm just pondering my options.

Your great at photography High, get a digital camera dude.

Your great at photography High, get a digital camera dude.
Thanks Ernesto. I don't know if I still am............ been quite a while.
I have a lot more old slides to look through and scan.

I'll send you one of My Cameras if you want Hi.
Gateway? :D
I don't know if I could ever get back into photography like I used to, Nick. It used to rule my life when I was busy, because I could afford (barely), my weekend runs into the hills. It was a calling of sorts. These days I'd probably just use one for work images and snap shots.

Latest posts

Back