possible scam or hack

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
My wife is on line when the phone rings and caller Id don't give a number. dude on the other end said he was with Microsoft and wanted my wife to type something into a screen he put up which she did as I'm telling her NO! I got po'ed and left the room. I don't know what all she told him or did after that. He I'd himself by telling her she,me and microsoft were the only ones that had our information. So question is is this for real or a hoax? Now what? We got the laptop shut down right now. :machine gun: :eek:

Daris

So how is that stopped? I don't think they got enough info as the wife was convinced to hang up on the due and he called back instantly and was hung up on again. Hasn't called the 3rd time and the computer was shut down. I guess what is the next step. She is in the process of changing all the passwords now.

Daris

I never answer restricted callers. It's usually phone solicitors or worse like you got.
Never give info over the phone bro. If someone says that to me I say email info to me or get lost.

Ran esest like you said and it found 2 viruses.My granddaughters husband did it. Cleaned it up and did a restore on it. Took 3 times but it finally went through.
Windows 10 is still popping up but nothing yet. Did get a windows update a few minutes ago and I keep thinking it will tell me 10 has been installed. :machine gun:

Thanks for the link Nick.

Daris

Latest posts

Back