Re formating a My Passport Ultra

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
Nick I bought a portable hard drive as above to record TV from my smart TV which the TV wanted me to format which I did then found out from Panasonic TV people that the TV will not record anyway due to only being through Sky
I then thought I would use the hard drive for my puter of which the puter will now not recognise
I rang the My Passport Ultra help line to find out if it was the hard drive or the TV He thought it would be the TVs fault so I asked him how to reformat hard drive and he said to hook up to PC then run computer management then disc management which I did Then got I lost as I didn't see format come up on a screen and didn't want to screw up my puter
Any ideas as this hard drive cost $130 and a bit expensive to throw away
Many thanks
No hurry

What is the name of the Drive Jon ?

Is there a reason you just didn't get a DVR ?

Nick this is what I got
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1490
The DVR I have is about 10 odd years old and getting past it
So I bought a new one which I have tied them in together They will both play but not record as the TV doesn't have enough red, yellow, white cables
Until Sky brings out a new sky box in the next few months the sky takes up the holes on the TV If I got another aerial I could use Freeview but then I still wouldn't record SKY. Also video camera works on old DVR
The old TV had plenty of holes and everything worked fine

I was going to take it back to the shop to see if they can sort it as they should have known that it would not work on my TV due to us having no free view aerial when I was talking about the DVD not recording cause of the lack of holes in the new TV
A guy I work with has taken it home to have a play so I will find out how he got on. I have emailed him that link
He young fella and smarter at putters
thanks Nick

Update I bought a new aerial for Freeview TV and now I can record TV programs with the TV and also on the DVD recorder but still not SKY TV
When I get the hard drive back I will also now to record directly into the TV
I think I have won so I can use the Passport Hard Drive to also record onto from the TV
The whole thing could have been avoided if sales people knew the product they were selling

Latest posts

Back