Ski

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Went skiing last weekend. Lots of snow still up north at Sunrise on the Apache res, 43 to 54 inch base and more snow coming today...dang, 8 to 12 inches of powder already just after I left. High temp was 53 degrees and sunny! Beautiful.

And I didn't even hurt my knees but the little woman is in a knee brace. :(

http://sunriseskiparkaz.com/

Sunrise.jpg

Sunrise I.jpg

Sunrise II.jpg

Last edited:
yes, note the run to the left. Hey, my wife ain't that great at taking pics. Have you been? There's like 65 runs up there. I am in the center pic, orange just got down from the run on the left. Heading in for beers. :)

You got to go. Lift tickets are only like 50 bucks, 40 bucks a half day.

Next time I go I'm gonna take a snowboard lesson. Those dang ski boots hurt my shins when I walk around. The snowboarders have some nice comfy boots. And I hear is is less punishing on the knees.

Heres a pic of my 16 year old, he took one lesson and he was going down the mid-level runs after one hour of practise. But he is so dang skinny I think he just floats down. :rolleyes:

Horses

Sunrise V.jpg

SunriseVI.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Boy do I miss skiing! Haven't been in about 4 years.Last time I went, my son tore his ACL doing stunts on his skis. It made me realize it was time to hang up the skis before I end up like him. 2 years ago he was playing dodge ball and tore the same ACL again!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Yea, thats what I am afraid of doing. And we think thats what my wife tore. Not a great sport for flooring guys. But thats why I want to do snowboarding.

Never tried snowboarding, most "older" people I've talked to that have tried it, only tried it once before they quit. After awhile, they say your rearend gets sore from falling. I would like to at least try it before I turn 90.;)
Now my son tore his ACL doing stupid stuff. If I remember correctly, he either went off a picnic table or a rail and landed funny. I do miss skiing a lot! Took the misses 26 years ago to a little bunny hill. I went down and tried to coax her along, but she took her skis off and walked to the lodge!:eek: All that money for 1 lift ticket!:mad: Oh well, she's still married to me.:cool:

Be careful boarding. The most common injury is a broken wrist. Most fall backward and naturally try to brace themselves with their hands. If/when you do try it, ball your hands into a fist when you fall.

Boarding has a long learning curve for most of us, but when you get it it is really easier than skiing.

OOOOH man, the kid did an awesome video of the powder on Tuesday. I wanna go, I wanna go back. This one deserves a full screen on at youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back