Windows XP

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually just finished reading this before I came over here. It's sad to see how Microsoft is treating it's customers these days. With over 20% of the desktop marketshare, clearly someone still likes xp. Trying to force 8 on someone is not how you handle business, especially when 8 is such a widely rejected os.

I need to purchase two new lap tops, but will not succumb to Win 8, Win 8.1, Win 8.2 or anything similar. I wonder how many others like me are out there?

Microsoft, are you listening?

MS Is trying to distance themselves from 8 . Win 9 is expected to come out in the beginning of April . You can still get win 7 if you want .

Hands off my God Damned XP!!!! My machine runs nice and quiet and never crashes. OK so I'm in denile about my old desktop.

Hackers who have been saving up all their best new malware for the day when Windows XP support ends are about to have a field day.

Bullshit. Sounds like MS talking scare tactics. Bring it. :mad:

They are scare tactics to get you to spend more money . They are going to stop the security updates though . But if you have the proper software on your confuser you will be fine . If not post your problem here . XP , and Win 7 are the only two good OS they made .

They must have changed their mind . Last month they were saying they were bringing out 9 in April . Probably having issues with 9 to .

The thing is, the beta testers told them that W8 had too many problems. They did not care. It originally was to be touch screen driven, but it didn't work.

They are scare tactics to get you to spend more money . They are going to stop the security updates though . But if you have the proper software on your confuser you will be fine . If not post your problem here . XP , and Win 7 are the only two good OS they made .

Thanks Nick, I will.

You can put linix Puppy on a separate disk and boot from that if you want to boot into linix . Still gives you the XP desktop., and not that hard to learn.
I can post instructions for those who would like try it .

Heck i still know people who are using win 98 .

All things end
Microsoft has a public document stating when it will stop supporting various versions of Windows. Today may be the end for XP, but its newer products have termination dates, too. If you’re on Windows Vista (which hopefully you’re not; it’s terrible), you have until April 11, 2017. Windows 7 users will be abandoned on Jan. 14, 2020. The clock is even ticking on Windows 8.1: Microsoft is planning to end support for today’s operating system on Jan. 10, 2023.

Latest posts

Back