world series

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardsurfaceguy

Any thoughts on the world series this year?

I've been to about a dozen or so Tigers game this year, including game 3 of the ALCS last week when Verlander shut down the Yankees.

World series tickets are to steep for me at almost $400 for standing room.

I'm fortunate that I have a wife that loves baseball, beer and hot dogs as much as I do.

I've got the Tigers in 7 games. I like our pitching staff over the Giants.

I'm guessing Verlander will start 3 games if it goes 7 so yeah I'd give the advantage to the tigers if there is a 7th game. I rooted for the underdogs, O's, A's and I liked the Nats. Glad the yanks got destroyed but now I'm not sure who I like the least.

I liked Scherzer and wasn't happy when the dbacks shipped him out. Don't like Valverde but its hard not to like Verlander. Didn't think Detroit deserved to even make the post season as four teams had better records then them and two didn't even make the wild card. I'm for discarding the divisions and a balanced schedule to avoid winners of weak divisions from getting a playoff spot.

I really dislike the giants as I have to see their ugly bearded mugs 18 times a year. On the other hand if they win, it makes the NL west look a little stronger and the dbacks .500 record doesn't look as bad as it did yesterday. I guess at this point I don't have a fav, I'm hoping for a well played competitive series, no 9-0 finishes in the pouring rain.

I too root for.underdogs but my team is still playing. I'm stunned at what the A's did this year. If they had beaten the tigers I'd be rooting for the. I too am a fan of Max. He is having a great year since the death of his brother. I think that is whats driving him so hard this year.
Never been a big fan of valverde either. To much drama with him.

I was shocked at how poor the yankees did in the post season.

Should be a good.series.

Should be some really good games. I was rooting for and really expected the Cardinals to take out San Francisco and give Detroit a run for their money. It's obvious in hindsight that the Giants are the better team in the National League this year.

I root for the National League being a Pirate fan first and foremost but if I had to bet I'd put money my on Detroit. I like the guys from the Tigers as well so either way I'll enjoy watching.

It's gotta be rough being a Pirates fan. Almost as much as being a Cubs fan.

Hey, we had our day in the sun. I watched Clemente play at Forbes Field and Three Rivers with Bill Mazeroski on 2nd and Gene Alley at short-------best double play combo in history.

Mateo Alou, Willie Stargell, Manny Sanguillen.......those guys liked to swing that bat. They were HARD to walk.

The new ballpark is a thing of beauty. One of these days we'll get a team together. It's hard on their budget.

I guess you have to hang on to something cause after twenty straight losing seasons even the most diligent fan is bound to slit his wrists.

I guess you have to hang on to something cause after twenty straight losing seasons even the most diligent fan is bound to slit his wrists.
Yeah, well we did have those Pittsburgh Steelers to hang on to.

I moved from Pittsburgh at age 12 or so. So those were the days when you ONLY rooted for your home team and it was more or less a lifetime commitment. Most players still spent their entire careers at YOUR team. But we moved near dead center between Boston and NYC in Connecticut and the games on the local TV stations were the Yankees and Red Sox. Free agency really changed the spirit of being a hard core dedicated fan to one team. Being originally born in Boston I could at least have an American League second favorite and hell, we ALL hate the Yankees right?

Now I've been here in SoCal nearly longer than all that other life combined. So I get to watch the Dodgers and Angels on the local TV networks. My younger boy played all the way through high school and I coached his teams every year til I had nothing left to offer him except bullpens (I was a catcher) , BP and outfield drills. He was with a really good high school team that competed at a relatively high level. He played against Bryce Harper in a Vegas tournament. Some of the kids he's played with/against are now in the minor leagues or Division one college ball. You can imagine my disappointment when he refused to try out for the UCLA team (walk on) so he could focus on some childish academic interests--------chemical engineering.

Anyway my point in all this is that while the Pirates have been a disaster honestly the most fun and excitement I've had with baseball is as a youth ball umpire, coach and then fan of my son's high school games. Nothing in the Major Leagues compares to that for me.

Last edited:
Not looking to good for the tigers so far.

It wasn't looking to sweet for the Giants against the Cards either.

This one ought to go 7

I suspect that means Verlander will get TWO chances to redeem himself.

Every World Series has some unexpected heroes...........and some goats too.

Say goodnight Gracie.

image-3722452094.jpg

Alright, I'm done sulking and crying in my beer. The tigers were just out matched. Hats off to the giants pitching staff. Tigers have some work to do in the off season.

Miggy for MVP.