What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know they were able to retrieve the photos and contacts remotely like that. I wonder if whoever has it now will try to sell it to some unsuspecting rube or if they will try to use it for parts. My friend used to unlock phones and help set up used phones for people but he had someone who brought him a stolen phone and told them they were s.o.l. on getting it activated. I didn't know they could blacklist phones like that though. I wonder if that works if they change the sim card in it.

Been a lazy day watching Youtube videos.
Federal law now requires carriers to unlock phones.

That first step has a dark color on the leading edges. Can you explain more, or possible take a close up pic of this, and how it is done?

As said, beautiful work!
In earlier posts about this staircase from hell I posted pics of a cross section of this trim it is made in Minnesota I think it’s very narrow and has a very very fine gradient that fits under the LVT . I officially hate it charge a lot I did I charged 5000 to glue that and screw the trim on and worst part was they didn’t do the substructure properly out of birch and to exact specs it was a temp and in places the glass actually touches the steps not on purpose we just slammed the last parts together to meet a six month overdue deadline lol

Set up my Mullet today. Put a fresh filter and vac bag in my shop vac then got to work. Don’t know if it outperforms the Dust Deputy but it sure is real nice in that it connects to my shop vac damn near right out of the package, I didn’t have to fab or modify anything! Put the wheels on, attach 2 cuffs, cut a piece of pipe, hook up your hose and start sucking.

I spent a fair amount of time cleaning the shop today as well as using the Mullet for a couple of dust containment specific tasks, so that thing sucked up a little of everything. Screws, sawdust, crap that’s been underneath or behind something for months, I went after it all.

What I’ve noticed so far is anything super duper light will pass right through the cyclone and into the vac. I had a small pink floof of insulation on the floor that I sucked up, Floop! It’s so light it just goes right past the cyclone and gets sucked into the vac. The cellophane wrapper from a pack of cigarettes, floop, same thing. That won’t cyclone out, it’ll just pass on to the shop vac. Some other things of just the right size/weight will get stuck in a continuous cyclone. Screw? Rock? They won’t get sucked up or drop down, they just keep goin round in the cyclone until you shut off the shop vac or plug the hose long enough for the item to drop.

IMG_0079.jpeg

ICF with hurricane ties, underground bunker, etc.

Went into town to pick up mail and get milk. Wanted to get frozen food but we need to empty out the old freezer and haul it out. Brother isn't up to that and friend is at the hospital with his wife. She miscarried again and they are waiting on paperwork to approve bloodwork to get a dnc because the dead fetus has been making her violently ill for the past couple of weeks.

My friend's wife miscarried at about 5 weeks and she's supposed to be at 11 weeks. The dead fetus inside of her has been decaying and she's been violently ill and throwing up nonstop for the past 2 weeks. Now she has to jump through hoops to get approval to have it removed because removing it is still technically classified as an abortion. She could go septic and die if they don't get it out. My mother went through something similar with her last pregnancy but they didn't give her any trouble about removing it. But it started decaying and made her extremely ill before they realized what was wrong and did a dnc (or is it d&c?). Anyway, they clear out the uterus with a laser or something.

Sometimes the body doesn't self abort. And sadly, they consider removing a dead fetus an abortion- that is how it is medically classified-- so they can't take drastic measures without jumping through hoops. Because of the anti-abortion laws, it is much harder to get the removal done now because the laws don't specify things clearly enough since the politicians didn't think about these things when passing the laws. It takes multiple doctors agreeing (I believe a minimum of 3) and sometimes checking with lawmakers to get permission to do it now. Women have literally died because of it. They were so gungho about preventing abortion of viable fetuses that they made it nearly impossible to abort non-viable ones or remove dead ones. So, unless they change the laws to reclassify removal of a dead fetus as something else or they modify the laws to have specific exceptions, it's going to continue to be a problem. And the longer its in there, the more damage it does and the more likely it is that she might never be able to have a baby. The procedure to clean out the uterus and cauterize it to prevent bleeding can also make it more difficult to conceive or carry to term, but it is absolutely necessary in this case.

They did get the bloodwork, but she's thrown up 10x today. Friend reported it had been 9x but while we were talking she started again. And her next appointment isn't until Tuesday. She will probably have to go to the ER to get IV fluids. I just wish I could do something for her. It can't be good for her blood pressure and organs.

If she's doing well enough on Sunday, friend is going to help me haul out the old freezer and get a new freezer in. I'm going to have to do some weed cleanup in the yard tomorrow and move some furniture in the house to clear a path to the sliding glass door. Need to haul away an old mattress, possibly trim back a tree, etc. The mattress is outside near the back door. Will have to get something that lets me hook into it and drag it away with the truck since I don't want to find out if snakes are hiding under it by trying to move it by hand. Need to get some stuff from TSC. Also need to charge the batteries on some of my yard tools. Right now its too dark to see anything in that front room where some of the tools and batteries are though.

Today was mostly a lazy day spent watching youtube and feeling a bit sick still. Not as bad as my friend's wife though. Poor thing. She's such a sweetheart and I hate to see her feeling so bad.

Went to the hospital yesterday.
About 2 yesterday afternoon, they told me I could be admitted for the 4 hours or do outpatient. I chose outpatient. About 11:30 last night they finally got the 4 hours done. Then they expected me to stay until 10 or 11 today. So I signed out and came home. I would have just sat there with no more treatment for 10-11 hours more. I was not even hooked up to anything.

If you walk in on your own or are brought in by family the ER will put you on the back burner. If an ambulance brings you in, they are more likely to treat you more quickly. However, your race, gender, and insurance also affect how quickly you get seen. Women have lower priority than men when it comes to treatment and are made to wait longer. If you have crappy insurance or no insurance at all, you are lower priority. If you have the good insurance they are more likely to treat you. They will straight up turn people away sometimes or just make them sit in the waiting room for more than 12 hours (or until they just up and leave) sometimes. Our medical system sucks.

Rusty, I hope you get feeling better.

I attempted to haul an old pillowtop mattress away from the sliding glass door yesterday. It's a heavy thick one-- like 18" deep. One of my straps that I tried to pull it with broke. Another one flew off and disappeared. I tried lifting it by hand but the handle on the side broke off. Called it a day due to losing daylight and being too frustrated. I was also overheated. Had trouble sleeping and then figured out how to get it moved. So I got up at 6:20am and went out to try it. I was surprised it worked. Used regular tie downs and got the mattress hauled down to where the pond used to be. Broke off weeds and small branches so they weren't in the way near the sliding glass door. Then went inside, emptied out my old freezer, unplugged it, and moved furniture around to clear a path to get the freezer out the sliding glass door and be able to get the new freezer in. Also brought the hand truck in. Got rid of a bunch of boxes and stuff.

The store doesn't open until 11am so I have to wait and I'm also waiting for my friend to wake up and go with me. He's going to help tie the freezer down and get the old one out and new one in. My brother sucks at using a hand truck. Probably going to nap if my brain will let me.

I sat in an ER in Joplin for 3 hours one night. Talked to someone else who was waiting. She had a history of heart attacks and had been waiting 8 hours. I went home. A guy was telling people not to sit near him. He was covid active and had been waiting 24 hours.

I took my buddy to the ER because he felt like he was having a heart attack. No waiting, no nothing, they took him back right that moment. I was kinda impressed since there were several people waiting and you could tell they had been there a while.

Took the old man to the park today. I’m sure it was a lot of work for him but I think he enjoyed it more than he would have if he stayed at home and looked at the same ol shit that he always looks at. Then since we were already out n about I drug his ass to his favorite Mexican restaurant after I went and bought some non Mother’s Day flowers for ‘a friend’.😂 Just look at this old man. He’s got football on tv and a Diet Coke in front of him. Life is good.

IMG_0145.jpeg

Then since we were already out n about I drug his ass to his favorite Mexican restaurant after I went and bought some non Mother’s Day flowers for ‘a friend’.

I went into work for 4 hours today because I have a fund raising Golf outing tomorrow 🥳 and my week is getting full. Anywho, the 70 ish year old Mother/ Tenant below came out and asked if I saw any flowers on her porch…..Supposedly she was told they delivered them already 😥 So ! I’m following C. J’s lead and going to buy her replacement flowers 💐 …. Picture on its way soon

Attachments

• BF6171F1-2422-4E08-922C-49F9E6F63139.jpeg
    BF6171F1-2422-4E08-922C-49F9E6F63139.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back