WTF Illegal?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, the program my son was involved in was 4H. We are country rednecks! Almost all the kids come from farms, and have been shooting guns since birth. The director would not allow any thing with sugar content the day of practice or competition. Most of the guns were supplied by the range. We did have one rich daddy that went out and bought his son a $3000 gun. He actually shot extremely well with it.
Those good old memories of being young again.:eek:

Ranges????, we dint have no ranges out her, all we had was gophers and rattlesnakes to shoot at with an occasional wabbit. Oh, lots of beer cans too. Befer I gots my first real gun I had a few BB/Pellet guns. I could hit a lizard on the run from twenty paces.

I grew up on a chicken farm. It was common at night to go out to the chicken houses when they were empty and shoot 20-30 rats a night. Those were the good old days.
Most farms around here are now developments, thus you take your children to a shooting range for safety. My father shot a groundhog last year, and the neighbor (who now lives in a mansion on the property I grew up on) called the cops because he heard a gunshot and thought someone must have been murdered. He wanted my dad arrested because my father discharged his gun within a mile of his house. I wish city folk stayed in the city where they belong.:mad:

Yea, we had to close a range that had been around for 40 years, one I went to as a kid because homes were built right across the street and the homowners complained about the noise and an occasional stray bullet. :confused: grrrrr

My parents came out here from Chester Penn., in 1950. I have my grandfathers Stevens Little Scout .22 he used to shoot wabbits with that got into his garden.

Last edited:
Your parents weren't all that far from Nick or myself. Boy has this area changed!:eek: Nicks across the river and I am about an hour north and west of Philthadelphia.

Last time I was up there in Penn, was in Stanton/around year 2000 at a woven seminar. Sooo many trees lol.

Can you guys overnight me some hoagies or cheese steaks? They just arn't the same out here. :D

Did you mean New Stanton? That's the other end of the state. I never realized how good cheesesteaks were here, until I started dating my wife. She's from Ohio, and they just didn't know how to make a Philly cheesesteak! She didn't even know what chipped beef was!:eek:

Could be, I flew into a teny airport and there is a woven carpet mill there that makes some awesome carpet. I wish all carpet was made that way.

Latest posts

Back