You tube DIY, buyer beware

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyure

Did simple "how to" search and can't believe what I've seen. Alot of "professionals" instructing exactly how NOT to do it. Won't go as far as linking especially bad ones..cough, pro source, ..why would anyone post these things?
For gods sake hire a professional for your investment.

Well if there ARE any good ones I've yet to find one.. Actually the one guy was wearing a prosource shirt but his channel is showmethefloor or something similar, but omgosh I'm utterly baffled by the stupidity!

Last edited:
Wobbles the mind , Don't it ?

Yes, weeble wobble.. would love for that guy to ask me what's wrong with his videos
Bottom line, just hoping any diy'ers that read this forum consider the consequences of a poor installation and please hire a pro

Last edited:
A lot of the tile and laminate around here is done by someone's brother-in-law or a buddy or something. It looks like crap, but they are proud of it.

Prosource sells to unlicensed guys here, not to say all unlicensed guys are hacks but it ain't right. I've never been given a prosource shirt.

I know the owner of one here . I got jackets [etc].

What i don't like about them is that they will sell to anyone off the street if they become a member .

You are taking food off my table if you sell to bob the handyman.

Ah now I remember the name. Prosource, dealt with them years ago in K.C. become a member and they become a showroom for the contractor and give you a cut of the sale, is that the place?. Only problem I ever had was that shot the prices to the moon and anyone who comparison shopped figured it out.
Which was basically everyone, if I remember correctly they'd even charge for storing, shipping etc. .
Edit for derp, not thinking before typing

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back