A Funny Story

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
At least from my viewpoint, this was funny. We were carpeting a clinic. Had 2 trashcans and a piece of tape blocking the entrance to a hall. I heard somone yell and a doctor in a suit, had stepped around the cans and under the tape and fell flat on his back in the glue. He looked up and asked "what do I do now?" My partner said, "first thing, get the hell out of my glue."

Motel secondary entrance.
I had just finished installing some six inch quarry tile when a cop roared up to the entrance I was working on and insisted he must use that entrance. I told him to go around and he decided he could leap the nine feet of fresh tile and jump over it all. He jumped and landed about four feet inside the new tile installation which began to slip and slide and he fell on his stupid ass. What would make a three hundred pound donut eating cop loaded down with all the gear he was wearing think he could broad jump nine feet is beyond me.

He wiggled and slipped and stumbled and tripped in the process of getting back up on his feet. Thinset all over him and his gear. Off he went inside the motel.

I had two choices at that point.

1. Start removing tile and rinsing it as best I could in preparation for re-installing the next day...or...
2. Walk away.

I chose the latter. :D

I had just spread up the corridor of the basement of an office tower with cutback. It was the main corridor so the whole basement was shut down. As I'm picking up the glue and putting it in the bucket the door at the far end opens up and I could see some guys looking in. I didn't have any kind of tape up because I knew all the guys on site and they all knew I had the basement for the time being. Anyway, the guy tells me, "I HAVE to get through here, I'm the Fire Inspector!"

My answer was, "Hey man, I don't care who you are. Knock yourself out. Do you have any idea how you're going to get that fresh glue off the bottom of your shoes?"

The door closed and that was the end of that.

At least from my viewpoint, this was funny. We were carpeting a clinic. Had 2 trashcans and a piece of tape blocking the entrance to a hall. I heard somone yell and a doctor in a suit, had stepped around the cans and under the tape and fell flat on his back in the glue. He looked up and asked "what do I do now?" My partner said, "first thing, get the hell out of my glue."

That is funny! Some people never learn! We tiled a basement for a doctor, told him not to go in the basement that night, but he just had to get to his bar for a drink. That cost him, the tiles that had been set were all moved around the next morn where he'd walked, then were firm in the messed up positions, so thay had to be removed and redone!

Tia

PS - Do you like my sig line, speaking of glue?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back