Adhesive for commercial IVC/Flexitech

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I have a 4 by 4 entry to do on concrete. It's a remnant. I'm wondering if Tarkette Q-Bond or Vinylbond would work if I let it flash briefly before laying it in. The commercial material has a different backing that the softer residential products and that's why I'm asking
I'm not gonna buy a gallon of adhesive for a $20 rem. (none available locally anyway)

I have a skim of Feather finish to blend out a crack that I filled on Saturday. Thanks, I'm gonna do that while the skim coat dries. Not the same as concrete, but it's the best option to see if the adhesive bonds to the backing.
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go....................

Ivc commercial adhesive that I have used is iGrip. It is a crosslink pressure sensitive. Will be using it this Wednesday night again on Restaurant Impossible.

I found that It's a close race between Armstrong's 599 and the Tarkette adhesive. They both seem to hold on pretty well after setting overnight. It was on plywood and I gave them no open time. The vinyl is going over concrete with a thin skim coat of Feather Finish. I think that if I did my test on the Feather Finish, some of it would have released from the floor before the adhesive released from the vinyl.
There was very little adhesive residue on the backing when I pulled the 10 inch wide test pieces from the plywood, but I had to pull pretty hard to remove it. I pulled hard enough that it left white creases on the back of the vinyl. I think either will work for this little entryway. I'll just give it a few minutes to flash off first.

I found that It's a close race between Armstrong's 599 and the Tarkette adhesive. They both seem to hold on pretty well after setting overnight. It was on plywood and I gave them no open time. The vinyl is going over concrete with a thin skim coat of Feather Finish. I think that if I did my test on the Feather Finish, some of it would have released from the floor before the adhesive released from the vinyl.
There was very little adhesive residue on the backing when I pulled the 10 inch wide test pieces from the plywood, but I had to pull pretty hard to remove it. I pulled hard enough that it left white creases on the back of the vinyl. I think either will work for this little entryway. I'll just give it a few minutes to flash off first.

We use acrylic here and lay it wet

We use acrylic here and lay it wet

I layed it wet, but allowed it to tack up only for a few minutes. I removed the door to allow me to set the piece of vinyl on my line up marks once the floor was glued. The slight air movement across the adhesive started drying it pretty fast. So yes, it was set wet. Since the job was right in town, I stopped by about 4 hours later to re roll it and check for any bubbles. Notta single one.
In the memo part of the check, she wrote in "awsum work" I though that was pretty nice.

I layed it wet, but allowed it to tack up only for a few minutes. I removed the door to allow me to set the piece of vinyl on my line up marks once the floor was glued. The slight air movement across the adhesive started drying it pretty fast. So yes, it was set wet. Since the job was right in town, I stopped by about 4 hours later to re roll it and check for any bubbles. Notta single one.
In the memo part of the check, she wrote in "awsum work" I though that was pretty nice.

Hoped you used a broom to roll it :)
A broom follows the floor better than a roller and also it will sweep the floor. One tool two jobs

Hoped you used a broom to roll it :)
A broom follows the floor better than a roller and also it will sweep the floor. One tool two jobs

Actually, I used my steel seam roller............. ya, really
..............very gently, to progressively roll out any possible bubbles, then my hand roller. It was only like 40" by 46" The entire job was about the edges and fitting it perfectly, as in not slightly tight at any point. There was carpet metal on two sides of the entry with a radius, and there was a threshold on the 3rd side The 4th side was tucked/slid under the last riser of a carpeted stairway.
I fit it net, minus .005" so it wouldn't be able to buckle. :D

Last edited:
We have used IVC FLEX-TECH Pressure Sensitive Adhesive. Let it dry if its not dried completely and you start installing the material, adhesive will start releasing gasses and thus causing bubbles.

Latest posts

Back