Anyone catch the SNL 40th

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
A lot of people say that after the initial seasons with Chevy, Jim, Dan, Gilda, Jane, and Lorain, that the show has been crap. True, that they did on occasion had some lame years. Overall, and looking over the clips they showed from the past 40 years, they've had a lot of super funny people that were just as good as the people in season one. Pretty amazing run for a TV program.
Any favorite characters?
Will Ferrel's Jeopardy parody was always good.
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0092462/quotes
Sean Connery: Well, well, well, Trebek, fancy seeing you again. It's been a while.
Alex Trebek: Not long enough.
Sean Connery: That's not what your mother said last night.
:D

Alex Trebek: This is the sound a doggy makes.
[Sean Connery rings in]
Alex Trebek: Mr. Connery?
Sean Connery: Moo.
Alex Trebek: No.
Sean Connery: Well, that's the sound your mother made last night.
:eek:
Alex Trebek: Okay, Mr. Connery.
Sean Connery: I'll take Jap Anus Relations for 200...
[laughter]
Alex Trebek: [board flashes "JAPAN US RELATIONS", Trebek looks at the board in consternation] I'm sorry, that's Japan U.S. Relations, that's just awful and you know it.
The news part of the show has been pretty good year after year, but I liked the early episodes when a lot of the musical guests were unknowns.

For those of you that aren't allowed to stay up late, :D you've missed a lot over the years.

Last edited:
Bill Murray as the lounge singer always cracked me up.

Akroyd had a character that was a shyster selling dangerous toys to kids always being interviewed by Jane Curtain.

and ......Beisbol been berry, berry good to me

not much of the recent stuff compares but I have to admit I laughed pretty good at the "Dick in a Box" song.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was one crazy song.............. only on SNL could they get away with that one.
Will Ferrell did a Ford luxury car ad a long time back. The Ecstacy I think? He came out of his mansion and slowly started walking around the car, admiring the beauty. As he got behind the car, he stopped, his eyes rolled back and he did a slow bump and grind......... :D I have to date, never seen that ad in a rerun. I think they had a visit with the TV police.
There was a skit that I saw only once also. Someone did a good portrayal of Bob whats-his-name... The painter guy on public broadcasting that paints those "happy little cabins", and "happy little trees", usually mountain and wooded scenes. As he was painting a "happy little tree", he slowly progressed into a war flashback, and started seeing "gooks" hiding behind the trees, and went from his passive , kind and childlike persona, into a crazed psycho.
The skit was hilarious, but I suspect they got calls from a lot of war veterans saying that it wasn't very funny. The satire was really funny to anyone that has watched Bob's painting shows and understands hid calming personality, but it wouldn't be funny to a Vietnam vet who suffered from flashbacks. I'm betting that was why I haven't seen that skit rerun either.

There were a few seasons with an almost totally new cast. All the new members develop and polish up their very own new characters that go into new skits for upcoming shows. Yes, there have been some seasons where those people just couldn't get it together, but as far as I can say, the show is as funny now as it was in the 70's........ it's just different.

Latest posts

Back