Bamboo Over Concrete with High rh

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Like my colleague here used to say, No Risk, No reward.

Pulled up laminate, and that ain't no carpet cushion. No moisture issues with the laminate either. Installed glued down horizontal carbonized bamboo with Bostik Ultra-Set Single Step.

Last pic is one of three smaller bedrooms that was installed and the rh was 98-100%, pegged CME. No cupping, no buckling. profiled slab to a csp-2-3 and let surface dry down as per Bostick Ultra-Set Single Step requirements ie; "dry to touch, no upper limit on moisture".

Steelher Master bedroom 001.JPG

Steelher Master bedroom 003.JPG

Steelher Master bedroom 020.JPG

Steelher Master bedroom 021.JPG

Steelher Master bedroom 024.JPG

Steelher Master bedroom 026.JPG

Steelher Master bedroom 034.JPG

Steelher Master bedroom 035.JPG

Steelher Master bedroom 040.JPG

Steelher Master bedroom 012.JPG

Last edited:
Was there a reason they replaced the floors E ?

laminate in every bedroom was different and the bamboo was on sale at costco. It was a spur of the moment purchase. The consumer thought it was a floatable bamboo but it was nail, glue only.

I unpacked half of it and stacked it to acclimate, then did the moisture testing. lol Had to send back all the Bostik One Step for the better grade Bostik. Owner was mildly upset since it was unboxed already and commited.

Not my fault though, I was asked to demo the three bedrooms and start acclimation as their schedule was tight. Who woulda thought this house had a moisture issue that bad. :eek:

Then the woman of the house said they had a flood/water pipe leak six-eight months ago that only went into one bedroom.

Grading was horrific, towards the house. Made them buy rain gutters. Made them buy a humidifier.

Now she wants a wider long plank bamboo (floater with the finger jointed core which I love, very stable) for the hallway and livingroom. Oh, then she tells me the livingroom had a glusdown that had to be replaced....guess why? They put a floater in after demo'ing the exotic 3/8 solid that had extreme lifiting on end joints.

Now they are ordering Teragren. Course they are freaked out at the price. oh well, live and learn.

Oh boy. I get to demo the tile in the hallway now.

I got a crap ton more pics coming.

Steelher Master bedroom 032.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back