Baseball anyone?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi all. Just came home from a free dinner, free beer and a ball game with the farm team for the L A Dodgers and the San Diego Padres. Our fireworks company foot the bill for all 200 family and friends, with a great fireworks show afterwards.

Also, in the third pic, you can see the dark haze from a major brush fire 20 miles south, which has injured 5 fireman, killed a resident, and burnt down about 15-20 homes. It is about 25,000 acres and still growing.

080813 pyro.jpg

080813b pyro.jpg

080813c pyro.jpg

080813d pyro.jpg

Last edited:
Love it. My Detroit Tigers are one of the hottest teams in baseball right now. Nice to see the Dodgers turned their season around. Looked pretty bad for them early on considering all that money they spent on free agency.

Love it. My Detroit Tigers are one of the hottest teams in baseball right now. Nice to see the Dodgers turned their season around. Looked pretty bad for them early on considering all that money they spent on free agency.

The Royals are one of the hot teams, too, but can't gain on Detroit.

How long can the dodgers keep it up?! Goin tomorrow, section A front row. Meet the mets, greet the mets, com'mon out and beat the mets!

image-2326673160.jpg

All good things must come to an end. Tigers win streak over. They had plenty of chances but couldn't pull it off. After 3 strike outs it didn't sound like A-roid was welcome.

I was watching tonight, Mets vs D'backs. I could not believe Rodriguez walked that one guy. If your a pitcher you gots to grow a pair. Screw what the coach says.

Ernesto said:
I was watching tonight, Mets vs D'backs. I could not believe Rodriguez walked that one guy. If your a pitcher you gots to grow a pair. Screw what the coach says.

You're referring to Hernandez' intentional walk to Ike Davis, I assume? A lot of R&D goes into moves like that. Often they're based on the theory of not allowing a batter who has beat you consistently in the past or who's otherwise a poor match to your pitching style the opportunity to beat you with the game on the line and a safe place (open base) to park him. Usually in conjunction with having a much better chance of retiring the next guy.

They pay people a lot of money to make those decisions and take those gambles. It's probably not the best career choice to defy your manager. If you wanna grow balls you can do it in a beer league cause that's where you'll wind up.

Intentional walking should not be allowed. Just think if they walked the Babe every time at bat.

Ernesto said:
Intentional walking should not be allowed. Just think if they walked the Babe every time at bat.

There was plenty of hullabaloo when they used to walk Bonds with the bases empty. It's all relative. It's a gamble no matter how you play it. In the end its a moot point cause those two runs in the 8th didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Ernesto said:

Ruth was walked a lot, he also struck out alot. But Gehrig batted behind him, so pick your poison.

Floorist said:
I agree and if they are going to do it, they should be able to just ask the umpire to put him on base. Save fans the boredom of watching the pitches.

Obviously not a baseball fan if you think anything about the game is boring...it's the nuances of the game that are the most attractive. Never saw a wild pitch delivered during a IBB to deliver the winning run, or the batter reach across and slap a too close pitch for a hit down the line?

The Royals are, I think 24-5 since the All Star break and can't gain on Detroit. Just the wrong year I guess.

Right now the royals have gained in the tigers. Tigers getting beat up by the lowly white sox.

Our kids bought us tickets in a suite for this saturdays game against the royals. Supposed to be awesome.

Ok, make sense of this....Ryan Braun tested positive for PEDs, and gets 65 game ban. A-Rod has been tested 11 times since 2003 and has never tested positive and they want to ban him for 211 games. And MLB thinks it will hold up in court?
I'm no fan of A-Rod, but it sure looks like he is being targeted.

Floorist said:
Ok, make sense of this....Ryan Braun tested positive for PEDs, and gets 65 game ban.

Braun was suspended for his involvement with Biogenisis. He appealed his positive test from last year and beat it. Supposedly arod played a larger role in the company.

Braun will not contest the suspension, which was meted out for "violations of the Basic Agreement and its Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," according to a statement released by MLB.

Latest posts

Back