Bosch GTS1031 Job Site Table Saw Pictorial

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Been waiting for someone to come out with a tough job site table saw. This is Bosch's newest saw. Everything you see is set-up with no tools. All of the safety attachments and fence are stored neatly underneath the table and clip on. The stand collapses and snaps on with no tools as well.

Bosch GTS1031 001.JPG

Bosch GTS1031 002.JPG

Bosch GTS1031 004.JPG

Bosch GTS1031 005.JPG

Bosch GTS1031 006.JPG

Bosch GTS1031 007.JPG

Bosch GTS1031 008.JPG

Bosch GTS1031 009.JPG

Bosch GTS1031 010.JPG

Bosch GTS1031 011.JPG

Notice I found a 1 3/4 inch PVC sleeve to fit in the dust port and had another reducing shopvac part so I could hook it up to my dustless shopvac if I need to put it inside. The dust bag works very well though. And there is no cheap plastic on this saw like the other saws have, nice tubular steel.

Last edited:
Mine only has two wing nuts to set up and the table is a lot wider. You can remove the saw and add the insert as a platform for cutting doors, as a sanding table or use a jig saw or router in it. Table cost me about $35 to make. :D
Downside is the saw is of 1989 vintage........... bushings are still steady as new, so I keep my fingers crossed. Makita made me a good one way back when.

That said, I kinda like that fancy thang you just bought. Was it more than $225? :eek:

Img_0001sawintable.jpg

Img_0004tableandtop open.jpg

Img_0005frontlegscrews.jpg

Img_0006foldinglegs.jpg

Img_0007allfoldedup.jpg

I like the dewalt table saws too. I have a craftsman for now though. Kinda big but dose the job nice since I don't do hardwood often

Looks spendy Rusty............ it has headers. I thought they only put those on cars? :eek:

It was less than the ones sold at the box stores. Just look it up on Amazon.

The saw worked very well today. Although I am having a hard time with all the safety stuff on top. I'd rather just have the riving knife on it and thats it. The dust bag and port worked great. Hardly a gram of dust on the carport floor.

Highup's table looks pretty cool, but what's he going to do when the old saw breaks? Plus that table looks to heavy for me to haul around. Some houses I get into are pretty big. Plus space is a premium in my truck.

I had an older craftsman jobsite saw with wings. The damn swithch was only good for a thousand sf before it gave up, made in Taiwain. My other $99.00 cheapo Ryobi is still running, never a switch problem but is so lound it hurts my ears and just looks cheap. Plastic is cracking on the area that bolts to the stands. My 17 year old can set up this saw in five minutes.

Last edited:
It was less than the ones sold at the box stores. Just look it up on Amazon.

The saw worked very well today. Although I am having a hard time with all the safety stuff on top. I'd rather just have the riving knife on it and thats it. The dust bag and port worked great. Hardly a gram of dust on the carport floor.

Highup's table looks pretty cool, but what's he going to do when the old saw breaks? Plus that table looks to heavy for me to haul around. Some houses I get into are pretty big. Plus space is a premium in my truck.

I had an older craftsman jobsite saw with wings. The damn swithch was only good for a thousand sf before it gave up, made in Taiwain. My other $99.00 cheapo Ryobi is still running, never a switch problem but is so lound it hurts my ears and just looks cheap. Plastic is cracking on the area that bolts to the stands. My 17 year old can set up this saw in five minutes.
I wasn't knockin your new saw. I like it.

I have my eyes on a dupe of my old Makita saw. Someone I know has a twin that has barely been used. I know that I can get it relatively cheap. My table was designed around that saw only........ a big down side.

On the up side, my saw is as accurate and steady as when new even tho it's been abused to death. I have replaced the cord and the brushes just recently. Makita made a good saw way back then, except the blade height adjustment knob rates a 2 on a 1 to 10 scale. (it sucks)

My table is actually very light and balanced well for carrying when folded up. Not by design mind you........... It just came out that way, be it luck or sheer brilliance.
I tend to believe the later. :D

I did a home made dust collection dealie bob that works OK, but not ideal unless the home is new and still under construction. Keeps the dust outa my face anyway.

How much you end up spending? I am way, way surprised/impressed at the prices I see.

Last edited:
That really looks like a durable table saw. What I like are the wheels making it a really great job site saw. I have an old Black and Decker that is noisy, vibrates badly and is not stable at all. Yep, I believe I'm in need of an upgrade myself.

I don't have a portable table saw anymore. It would come in handy. But I have so much money in the cabinet saw in my shop, I can't justfy another one.

I don't have a portable table saw anymore. It would come in handy. But I have so much money in the cabinet saw in my shop, I can't justfy another one.
You won't find a portable saw that's as good, or as powerful as that. I'd like one, but don't have a place to put it....... besides, I'd have to hire someone to take it to the job site and set it up for me. :D

That really looks like a durable table saw. What I like are the wheels making it a really great job site saw. I have an old Black and Decker that is noisy, vibrates badly and is not stable at all. Yep, I believe I'm in need of an upgrade myself.

Havasu, my stand does not have wheels. It is portable enough to easily carry upstairs and cut inside with no dust hooked up to my vac. Takes up less space than the ones with the gravity feed stands with wheels, weighs less than those as well.

Got just the saw for 315 ducats with a amazon deal, 75 for the stand and like 15 bucks for the bag. Like I said the riving knife is the biggest deal for me, then the solid tubular construction next, with the easily stored componets last.

I have a stand for my chop saw for when I am doing base. It is two half inch sheets of ply glued and screwed together with holes to lock down the saw and a couple layers of 2x4 on the ends to support long base. It sits on 2 saw horses. Thats as hillbilly as I get. :D

Last edited:
Havasu, my stand does not have wheels. It is portable enough to easily carry upstairs and cut inside with no dust hooked up to my vac. Takes up less space than the ones with the gravity feed stands with wheels, weighs less than those as well.

Got just the saw for 315 ducats with a amazon deal, 75 for the stand and like 15 bucks for the bag. Like I said the riving knife is the biggest deal for me, then the solid tubular construction next, with the easily stored componets last.

I have a stand for my chop saw for when I am doing base. It is two half inch sheets of ply glued and screwed together with holes to lock down the saw and a couple layers of 2x4 on the ends to support long base. It sits on 2 saw horses. Thats as hillbilly as I get. :D
...any photos of it? :D

Latest posts

Back