Carpet Tiles/Wet Basement

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darol Wester

Professional
Pro
I have a customer with an occasionally wet basement and was looking at carpet tiles for him. I'm not up on this material and was wondering how stable they are after getting wet and dried out. Seems like a good solution for a basement with this problem. What do you think?

occasion toilet running over or after monsoon weather raising the water table?
Might work for a loose lay, but what a pain getting them all dried back out before the mildew got growin.
Is there anything on the floor now............ vinyl?

I'm note up on those tiles either Darol, but most I have seen are dense and would be hard to dry out if they got saturated.
I vote for area rugs.

This place was built in the early 40's and has the original floor that looks like VAT with cutback that's coming up in all over. He said the tile was fine until a couple years ago. The last tenants trashed the place, so who knows what happened down there.

Rugs could work too, but getting all the cutback up would be a real chore I would think. The guy that owns the house is a quality builder and plans on putting in some french drains and hopefully solve some, if not all of the water issue.

Latest posts

Back