Carpet tiles

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as installing flooring I can't say enough about how nice it was to see New England getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror knowing I was NEVER coming back there to install floors. What a F'n nightmare for a flooring guy. No wonder the bars are so busy every night. God bless you guys who can hang in the cold and wet HORRORS of the Northern States. You won't catch me there laying floors in this lifetime.

30 years ago or so there were some crazy dramas that would unfold about the seams or shading of carpet tile. I believe most of that was DIRECTLY resulting from idiot, college boy salesman who promised to.........idiot college boy corporate clowns, architects and designers that the "seams are invisible"

We're so far past that now. They make patterns and colors now that are much friendlier to the tile concepts. I think its flat out crazy to still be making carpet for commercial purposes in 12' rolls. There's no good reason for that whatsoever. To clarify------hotels and apartments are considered commercial work. But they're really residences, aren't they? So sure, I would prefer carpet over pad in my hotel or apartment over carpet tile any day.

Latest posts

Back