Congoleum DuraCeramic Tile

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed a fair amount of it I'm guessing going back 8 years.
I always grouted it.
Seemed like a good product.
We do a lot of Mannington Adura
And Armstrong alterna (I think it's called) now
The dura ceramic seemed to have a tougher wear surface.

My complaint about it was the sealer application. What a PITA. If you cut the tip to how they say, it's constantly plugging up and if you cut it a bit more, it comes out to fast. Every time you tip it up to stop and move to another start, you've got bubbles while applying. I'm not impressed at all with that method and won't do it again.

I've done a few when it first came out, both grout and sealer. Never had a problem with either. I'm certain some things may have changed since then. Perhaps you got an old bottle of sealer.

I only grout sealed one floor when it first came with the store I was with, the job is still looking fine 7 years later (was actually just at her house last week for more work and saw its current state) I have also installed several jobs with no grout sealer, and the vast majority with grout. I think the grout sealer was someones bright idea years ago but frankly I've seen little or no need for it. Looks way better grouted anyway. Imo.

Well, much to my surprise, I went back today to finish another part of the house and the sealer looked great. That stuff does settle down. You can't even tell it's there. A sigh of relief.

Latest posts

Back