cutback adhesive

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leaf

Hi. I'm wondering if, after wet-scraping this floor, if it is going to have an underlay (Ardex Feather Finish) will adhere to it. I'm wondering because when I spray water on it, some parts bead up. I've got this video to help explain my situation. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

here's the video:
https://youtu.be/4nPjcgeoCQw

Hi, ok first off just spraying a fine mist of water can be decieving. The test is a small puddle of water about an inch or so around - will it be adsorbed into the slab within a couple minutes or not. Smearing water over the slab is not correct.

Next thing is yes, ardex is designed to adhere to the cutback. Still even though they say it's great for gluing hardwood down will you want to risk it? I just spoke to a lady whos floor is popping off the slab, seen it happen to other slabs here as well as thousands of posts similar to yours.

Most engineered can be floated with tongue and groove adhesive. Use six mil plastic and a good vapor retarding underlayment like sound solutions or quietwalk.

No, it will not absorb into the slab within a couple of minutes. I would like to put an underlay with a concrete microtopping on that so Ardex Feather Finish followed by primer and Ardex SD-M.

FF sticks fine to cutback. Probably a good idea to use Ardex primer as well.

Read ALL their instructions and call the technical department if you have more specific questions.

Latest posts

Back