Drop and Done

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Rusty brought this up back in January of 2012........... and I saw it today at Carpet One. Made in Canada, and at first look and feel, it's pretty cool stuff.
Any views on this stuff? Sounds crazy to just lay it in place, but the stuff is heavy and looks like it will lat perfectly flat with no tripping hazard.
Funny thing with these solid vinyl products is they want 3lbs per 1000 sq ft. Heck that's dry enough to install solid 3/4" wood isn't it??? Why do they require such a low moisture level for a solid vinyl product?
Anyway, anyone installed this product?

http://xlflooring.ca/products/drop-done/installation/

Last edited:
Nobody has installed this stuff, right?
Looks like some top notch flooring material. Lifetime residential and 15 year commercial warranty. I didn't read the warranty.............. maybe it states that it will never fall of the floor?

The material does not shrink expand or curl. It's thick and to heavy to curl. Rusty first brought this product to light in '2012, so it's not a new product. I think maybe it's just growing into the US market.
Compare the solid hardwood transitioning to click lock floating engineered flooring systems over the years. That sounded ridiculous too at one time.

I'll have to read between the lines of bullshit these companies toss out like salad in their warranties.

Latest posts

Back