dunking a cell phone

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
My G/F dropped her new Samsung 6 phone into the toilet on Sunday. She was house sitting and had no access to rice. I found some instant oatmeal mix and placed her phone into the grain for the night. The next morning, the phone fired up except now when charging, it stated, "low battery temp, will not accept charge." Even though it give this message, the battery charges fine.

I called Verizon for a new phone because I have top of the line insurance. They advised after sending them $150, they would ship a phone! I spend $12 a month and this is their insurance policy!

I post this to keep in mind that if you purchase a few silica bags of drying powder now, you might avoid a future headache.

Sorry to hear that Hav. Sometimes that don't work if the censor gets to wet .

Did you ask them why you are giving them $12.00 a month ?

Jon, that is exactly what they recommended that we upgrade to. To upgrade from the Galaxy S6 to the Galaxy S7 would currently cost us about $450. If we wait a few months, the upgrade will be free. If her phone dies soon, we will just move her data back to the old Galaxy S5, until we are allowed to upgrade free.

Remember when them flip phones use to cost $10 and lasted a lifetime?

Jon, that is exactly what they recommended that we upgrade to. To upgrade from the Galaxy S6 to the Galaxy S7 would currently cost us about $450. If we wait a few months, the upgrade will be free. If her phone dies soon, we will just move her data back to the old Galaxy S5, until we are allowed to upgrade free.

I still use a $10 flip phone.

I still have one with the same battery .

Flip phones cannot go under water either. Plus you cannot surf the ethernet. But I did drop one in the potty right after I took a whiz in it, yanked that sucker outa there in less than a half a second and it worked fine. Smell funny though.

Actually I watched a video of a guy water boarding an S6 and it worked fine after three minutes.

I had to get a new S6 a couple months ago because all the sudden people could not hear me but I could hear them. Got mine for free.

Haven't tried placing mine in a toilet or even a bucket of water for the 30 minutes they say yet
Mine cost US$819 but if I wanted to go on for a contract for a few years I could have got it for free

Latest posts

Back