Experiences with COREtec Advanced+/Scratchless or Shaw Elite Prodigy HDR Mineral Core LVP

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flooring-novice-123

Greetings,

I am considering installing COREtec Advanced+/Scratchless LVP (or the similar Shaw Elite Prodigy HDR) in my home, and am seeking feedback about peoples' experience with this type of flooring.

This type of flooring claims to be highly scratch resistent, and my testing of samples seem to confirm this aspect. The flooring material is very tough compared to WPC and the 8mm thickness seems denser and harder than other SPC products. The hardness seems to stem from a melamine top layer and a Magnesium Oxide/Wood core---what COREtec/Shaw calls mineral core flooring. The flooring product appears to be relatively new---about 4-5 years old---with few reviews/comments about it, other than brittleness and the need to exercise care when handling it. The flooring has more of a ceramic tile feel to it. Cosmetically and structurally speaking, the flooring has a great look and feel to it.

Do people on this forum have any experience or insights about the following aspects:

1.) long term durability of this type of flooring product? Has the surface layer remained in good condition when installed properly?

2.) is this type of flooring as easy to install as WPC or 4-6mm SPC flooring?

3.) what kind of guillotine cutter works with this type of flooring? Will any of the standard guillotine cutters from Amazon or HomeDepot work? I've searched the web and some people have recommended carbide tipped saws, but nothing has been said about the guillotine cutters.

4.) is the mineral core flooring a form of ceramic tile made in the form of LVP, with its attendant attributes and limitations?

Any comments about this kind of flooring, especially insights, comments, or downsides are warmly welcomed.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

The negativity was the first year or so after it came out. It had issues with the T&G and I saw some that bowed up. It was a totally new core composition and I think they release it too early.
I wouldn't be concerned now.
I've never installed any of it, but like all flooring with t&g, be sure your floor is smooth and flat.
If it has humps in the plywood or OSB seams, sand them flat, screed filler over low spots.
People installing over wavy floors is a big issue with any click lock floor. Make the substrate is flat so that the t&g doesn't flex every time you walk on it.

Latest posts

Back