Frijoles Charros

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
It's cold and windy and I'm gonna make me some cowboy beans, south of the border cowboy beans that is. If you like spicy stuff you'll love these. Warn the family about explosive flatulence though.:eek:

Put everything in a pot and gently simmer for 3 hours. Serves 6 to 8. I like to brown the chorizo and pork shoulder first but you don't have to.

1 cup dried pinto beans
1 garlic clove
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup diced pork shoulder
1/2 cup chorizo
1 cup diced poblano, can substitute hot green chile
1 teaspoon Mehican oregano, can substitute regular oregano, no not that other green stuff but....never mind
1 cup chopped onion 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
8 cups of water

and they say we have an energy shortage? Mix up a pot and heat your home for a month!

Pure natural gas. lol

Hey, you big game hunters out there might want to try and throw some venison in. But really the chorizo is key for the flavor. All you gringos up north probably can't hanlde it.

I'm whipping up some seafood tacos to but the reciepe is to long to type out.

I'd like to see your taco recipe. If it's on paper, copy it and zip it on over to us. I've had some great fish tacos in the Baha area. Maybe you got the one.:D Totuauva was the fish. Mmmm!

Boy, one mention of beans and all the administrators are over it like flies on poop. :)

We live in Texas, it's a staple of our diet. I eat them at least a couple of times a week.

With Mexican food places everywhere and as Keith said good Mexican food in stores, it's accessible and delicious.

we feel the same down here in Southern California. I need my Mex food fix at least once a week or I am sad.

I do too. I had to put it on hold this week, probably hit a place tonight.

Boy, one mention of beans and all the administrators are over it like flies on poop. :)

Ha ha! Funny. That bean recipe is like it's own meal. Ya really don't need anything else to go with it cept maybe a fresh warm tortilla with butter on it. And I mean those kinda tortilla's you can see through.

Latest posts

Back