Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Started selling today and going like hotcakes. Just got one. I might need two more.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DR0PDNE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Sit Back, Watch Together
Chromecast is the easy way to enjoy online video and anything from the web on your TV. Plug it into any HDTV and control it with your existing smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Send your favorites from Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, and Chrome to your TV with the press of a button. No more huddling around small screens and tiny speakers. Chromecast automatically updates to work with a growing number of apps.

With Chromecast, you can easily enjoy your favorite online content on your HDTV—movies, TV shows, videos, music, photos, websites, and more from Netflix, YouTube, Google Play, and Chrome. No more huddling around small screens and tiny speakers. Chromecast automatically updates to work with a growing number of apps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting. Does the image become distorted when it is enlarged for the TV?

The answer is no.

Google play store sold out in 10 minutes, Amazon and Best Buy were next in line to sell it. That happened about 1:00pm MST. I just heard they are sold out. I get mine Friday. One of my friends who just ordered it from Amazon cant get his till August 2nd as they are sold out as well.
The Apple TV gizmo costs $100 and well, its not going to hang with the Chromecast at this pricepoint.

Last edited:
I have a media player built into my TV. I can stream netflix etc as well as access any media on my network. I thought I saw you had one of those smart TVs?

I have a media player built into my TV. I can stream netflix etc as well as access any media on my network. I thought I saw you had one of those smart TVs?

Yes I do have the latest Samsung smart tv. But this gadget will allow any ipad,iphone, droid phone to control the tv and access any media from them without any remote. It will also allow those to turn the tv on. You need the youtube app. There's a ton of apps coming out for it as well.

Right now I have three geeks with smart phones here changing up what the que is going to be with their phones. The kid was streaming his games on there awhile ago. Thats not going to be cool.

So just about anyone witha smart phone will be able to control whats on your tv.

Pretty cool. I use my xbox for all the streaming services. I would definitely get one of these if I didnt have it. Microsoft released an app that lets you control everything on your xbox with your smartphone as well

Latest posts

Back