Herringbone Pattern

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Is there any company making a herringbone pattern for laminate these days? I know Alloc had one but it says it is discontinued. Or can you make one yourself outs this new 4 inch plank they have. Seems rather tedious to do.
Never tried it with laminate. Hell, I have never done one in hardwood. Probably just as well.

It's like paying $6 sf for prep and covering it with VCT. If you're gonna put that much work into the pattern makes sense to do it with a nice hardwood. I think that's why custom work in laminate was a short lived fad.

I think Berry Floors makes one or made one. I think they own Alloc. Theyre my biggest seller in laminates. Great stuff! Installs like a breeze.

I think Berry Floors makes one or made one. I think they own Alloc. Theyre my biggest seller in laminates. Great stuff! Installs like a breeze.

Always did like Alloc and that metal locking mechanism. Still got some heavy furniture and appliances sitting on that stuff on old jobs.Never a problem with it.

But like I said, the pattern Alloc made for herringbone is discontinued, checked the site this morning. I think I got the client talked out of it just due to the cost of labor. Then she showed me a Shoen click engineered with a HDF core. sigh,,,,the top veneer was hardly 1mm thick. I told her it was a throw away floor and laminate would be better than that.

Nuther problem is it is gypcrete underneath. The ceramic tile in kitchen and baths is set direct and is cracking.

Round and round, it all started with a nice cork floor. Hope they go with cork in this high end condo.

Parador have a laminated herringbone and

Thats nice. http://www.factory-direct-flooring.co.uk/parador-trendtime-3-oak-living-herringbone-lac-1144766.html

It is an engineered oak but not a plastic laminate. I wonder if they have had problems with it since in a regular layout the end joints are always staggered 9 to 12 inches. Just seems to me that unless it came in panels of some sort end joints might disengage because they are in such close proximity to each other.

I have not seen it here in the USA.

Latest posts

Back