I messed up bad and need a solution

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortyyogamer

I purchased a large lot of laminate flooring from a habitat for humanity resell store. I used the last of our family's budgeted money on this. The problem is I got half way done with the floor Nd got into a new batch of laminate and the groove and tongues wouldn't fit. They were same color but different size. They will not click together.

I have no more money to comets this project and for my family it needs done. Is there any solution. The laminate is same color and thickness just the tongue and grooves are different sizes. Can I glue it down with a strong adhesive and hope for the best for a small period of time until I can get the money to properly fix it.

Or any other option to use what I hAve. I can't buy more right now and we just closed on a new house and plan on renting that out. I just need to buy some time until things get better in a month or so.

Desperate please suggestions

Thank you for reading.

Well you could cut the locking mechanisms and router out a T&G like the ole Pergo router bits. Glue might work but could be messy.

Last edited:
All you need is a 1/8" top bearing slot cutter and some melamine to make splines out of. It's really not that hard to do.

Latest posts

Back