I need some advice from the professionals

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I was at my vacation home recently and decided I need new flooring everywhere. The place is about 1200 sq ft, and is a great room, kitchen, and 5 small rooms. Which laminate do you all recommend for longevity, ease of installation, and doesn't have the hollow tapping sound like many of the cheaper floors?

I usually dont help DIY'rs but your an exceptional cause.

Foist of all. The laminate should only be installed in a year round climate controlled environment. Secondly I give two thumbs up to Quickstep as well. The stuff at costco is quickstep/mohawk/unilin

My go to brand is Berry with the floor muffler (sorry ernie, lol). Check out the lounge or lounge plus line. Its a breeze to install. I dont even let my newer helpers install it because I dont want them getting used to such an easy locking system. The price is great too.

BerrryAlloc also has a floating click vinyl that goes over a muffler pad as well (sorry again ernie). Its a real nice product, real easy to install, and holds up really well. Priced around three and change.

havasu

Climate controlled huh?

This is at lake havasu and I set the A/C temp for 90-95 when I am not there. Is that going to cause a problem?

I think so.
--------------------------

I used to install tons of that Alloc with the aluminum edge. Has the best weight limit on it than any other. But getting hit with those aluminum chips sucks.

My professional feelings toward any cushion under a floating click plank is that your just asking for trouble. The product is just not stiff enough to eliminate locking mechanism damage and seperation from vertical movement and pivotal traffic.
More power to those who do. In a couple days I'm going in to R&R one to get the cushion out from underneath due to seperation of the end joints. Sweet and easy job.

Ernesto, I almost think that what you have run into is installers putting it on foam meant for laminate, which has way too much play for successful installations. Have you seen the underlayment that is actually meant for vinyl plank? It's much denser than the other.

Latest posts

Back