Insiders reveal new Windows 9 details

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

In Remembrance
Russian group WZOR, a reliable source of Windows-related leaks, revealed various details about the future of Windows in a new report, Myce says. According to the group, Windows 8.1 Update 2 will launch later this year bringing the highly sought after Start menu back to the desktop operating system – the OS update could be launched as Windows 8.2 as well.

http://news.yahoo.com/insiders-reveal-windows-9-details-163033091.html

So, I should just keep Vista? I was checking this out today. Not sure the old confuser can handle it anyways. And the cost might be too much because I am a cheap bastard.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-assistant-download-online-faq

If you're running Windows XP or Windows Vista, tap or click Download Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to check if your PC meets the system requirements for Windows 8, which are nearly the same as the requirements for Windows 8.1. The option to buy, download, and install Windows 8 isn't available in most countries and regions. For more info, see Upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows Vista or Windows XP.

If it is not broke ,don't fix it E . 9 will be out in a bit , and 8 is really bad .

I doubt you can update vista to 8 without spending more money on the system you have .

I've been running WIN7 on this confuser for about a year now and I really like it. I also still have 5 XP workstations. Have been considering buying WIN7 with multiple licenses for them.

I've been running WIN7 on this confuser for about a year now and I really like it. I also still have 5 XP workstations. Have been considering buying WIN7 with multiple licenses for them.

You have to check and see if the XP machines will take Win 7 without costing you a bundle to upgrade your hardware , [etc].

You have to check and see if the XP machines will take Win 7 without costing you a bundle to upgrade your hardware , [etc].

Been there done that
Years ago a salesman told me it was easy to update to a new version of windows all you had to do was get more ram or something. After spending heaps it still wouldn't work
I figured it was like trying to stick a V8 in a little 4 cylinder car. Then the gearbox, driveshaft etc couldn't handle the big motor
Bought a newer puter has it also had more up to date programs

You got it . Mostly it is the hardware you have to replace . By the time you spend all that money on upgrading , you could have bought a new confuser with the latest technology.

Pretty sure they're all good for WIN7.

2.0 GHz dual processors with 2G of ram.

Is there more I should look at?

You will probably need new Drivers at the least .

Trying to find the link that checks you confuser for you and tells you what you need .

To much junk on this machine .
I will post it in a bit .

Here's what the report says about my old as ass computer;

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Operating System:

Windows Vista Home Premium

CPU:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz

Memory:

1.8 GB

System

Details

Upgrade options available

You can upgrade to 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium or Ultimate.
Go online to get detailed instructions on how to upgrade

16 GB free hard disk space required

You need at least 16 GB of free space on your hard disk to install 32-bit Windows 7. Either make room by removing unwanted files from your hard disk, or contact your PC manufacturer or retailer to see if a hard disk with more capacity is available for your PC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back