kitchen floor project add insulation 35mm to play with

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danped

Hi,
I,m undertaking a reflooring of kitchen and utility day project. Current floor is tiles on cement floated floor. The floor is currently very cold and ideally I'd like to insulate as well as posibble but I don't want underfloor heating. I've decided on engineered wood flooring. I have up to 35mm space.the floor needs some levelling up after removing tiles so that could take me to 30mm.
I'm toying with the idea of putting 12mm king span/celotex down an then installing engineered word flooring on top of this either glued or clipped together. Is this a bad idea? Is there any workable way of getting the insulation in to the job or is there some other high insulating value underflooring I could use instead?
Thanks,
Dan

Not sure what a cement floated floor is or what 35mm space you're referring to. You can't glue your wood floor to Celotex but you can float over it. Homasote is a good insulating board as well.

Latest posts

Back