LL / Schon Maple click

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Yesterday a prospective client said she loved this product and asked if it could be refinished. It was not even 1mm thick. Had to do a double take on the backside to see if I was looking at a laminate or wood. The wear layer was only 1/32 of an inch thick, if that. :eek:

It's a steal at only $3.69 a sf and you get real wood on top, paper in the middle and real paper thin wood on the bottom. :D

http://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll...ssionid=2D252A6F0045728484FE36AFDA972794.llqa

Last edited:
I don't see the veneer thickness on that one but I also do not doubt your word.

LL claims theirs is 1.6mm thick. Sure, maybe before they started sanding it. It is paper thin and I would dare them to prove it.

Point being, one would be better off buying a laminate floor than this stuff. It is hardly worth being cabinet material.

These are the people who in my humble opinion are giving hardwood flooring a bad name. I've heard several so called expert decorators around town in public interviews stating that wood flooring does not work in the desert. Well sure if your selling krap like that it is.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back