Lumber Liquidators

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked their stock to see the carnage.
https://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&safe=off&biw=960&bih=618&q=Lumber+liquidators+stock&oq=Lumber+liquidators+stock&gs_l=serp.12...19605.28261.1.33605.2.2.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.msedr...0...1c.1.62.serp..2.0.0.0ZnXB9RbD6E&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.&dpr=1.2&ech=1&psi=4of6VPjXHo33yQTI8IC4Bg.1425707038305.3&ei=J4_6VJaPF9ilyAST0IHQAQ&emsg=NCSR&noj=1
They were doing pretty good a year ago:

Stock graph.jpg

Last edited:
I can't imagine LL was the only company that bought "tainted" products from China. The key word might be "knowingly purchased" products with known legal issues.

I've brought up the issue of installers health concerns before I left for Mickey Mouse world last week in the hardwoodfloors.com site. Seems no one was concerned with the installers health when it hit the fan.

My concern and I doubt there's any scientific data on this - when the saw hits the coreboard it's literally blown into a billion pieces - obviously releasing the formaldehyde gas in mass quantities. Warnings about the dust is on many boxes for installers to use a dust mask. But will a dust mask be sufficient to block gas? Not a regular dust mask thats for certain. Then the dust gets tracked into the house during installation - releasing more gas?

Finally heard there is a new potential class action suit for installers. To get money you'd need documentation of jobs and health records. In a way it's like asbestos however it's the gas and the particles inhaled - however it will take years before any health related illness shows up.

About the show on 60 minutes - the CEO was inferring that the test for formaldehyde is not a proper test in that once the flooring is clicked together the off gassing is reduced significantly. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Latest posts

Back