MalwareBytes web exclusions

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I updated to the newest version of MalwareBytes and checked the free trial box to see what the paid version has to offer. All went fine.
Tonight, I went to my banking website and clicked to log on.
I typed my user name.
I typed my password.
..............then this MalwareBytes "Web Exclusions" popup instantly appeared.
I've never seen this before.
I typed in my user name and password a second time because my banking website login page reappeared and asked for that information again. :rolleyes:
The MalwareBytes popup appeared this second time too.
I had to type in my banks password and user name for a third time :mad:
This time, I got logged on and had access to my banking info.
What is this popup and what was it asking for?
Was I supposed to type in ex. 216.146.46.11 to exclude it from being blocked?
If so, how the heck would I know if that IP address was my bank, or some ........some evildoer tryin' to snatch my data?

Bank log on.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing you meant to reply in this topic.
My GUESS is it did not like the sign in pop up.

If that is the bank's IP address, add it and that should stop that noise.

When the 30 day trail expires, use Revo uninstaller , using the most advanced option, to get rid of it.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...KKyOkKNJicmaNA

It happened again last night when I was trying to update Hijack This.

It happened again just now when I clicked open the link to Geeks To Go/OldTimers Temp File Cleaner.

When Malwarebytes asks me to OK something like these...... how do I know if the address in the warning they give is for the website that I clicked on? ............I mean, how would I know if the ID in the warning is real, or might be an sneaky unwanted re-direct to a malicious site?

The warning window disappeared each time and I didn't type anything into the box.
It's scary when Malwarebytes (or any program) asks me if I want to OK a bunch of numbers that I'd have no ability to recognize. :confused:

Hijack this warning.jpg

Just send Mamb to a thumb drive Hi, and delete it on your desktop through Revo. If we need it later we can run it from the thumb drive .

Latest posts

Back