New

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristin2o9

Hi everyone,
I have worked on floors for 20 years but never mechanically refinished concrete. I'm looking forward to learning from y'all.

Welcome to the forum. I am an old retired carpet and vinyl installer (40+ years on the floor) but some of these guys have done it all.
Rusty's getting old and he forgets. He's probably been installing for 60 years maybe 100 😁
Most installers here are carpet, vinyl, LVP and a little tile. Concrete a whole different animal, not normally considered flooring "flooring". I'm not sure what is actually called because though it does go on commercial establishments some people have it in their homes. In the '70s exposed aggregate was a thing.
I think that ran its course and polished concrete is probably more common. I think it would be limited to fancy custom homes or large grocery stores. One of our local Safeway stores put in lvp type materials 15 years ago. Then they picked an 18-in tile type lvp. Consumer traffic wore through the lvp at the checkout aisle rather quickly, 5 years?
Everything got demoed and they now have polished concrete. Probably the best decision they ever made.
Okay, after all my blathering, welcome to the forum. 👍

Latest posts

Back