old computers

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
The county is offering to haul off old computers for free. Nick, is there any reason to keep old desktops with W95 or 98. Or the old big heavy monitors? I have one that is so old it was only set up for dial-up. I did use a dongle to get on it and remove what I wanted.

I got a old laptop with a broken screen also before Vista on it.
I also have a Dell Vostro[?} that hasn't been plugged in in 1 1/2 years. Nothing wrong with it. Wife didn't trust it so we got a Mac. It has a new hard drive in it. I'd kind of like to plug it back in. How much shit will I go through to get it back up to date.

Daris

The county is offering to haul off old computers for free. Nick, is there any reason to keep old desktops with W95 or 98. Or the old big heavy monitors? I have one that is so old it was only set up for dial-up. I did use a dongle to get on it and remove what I wanted.

If you have software on it that will only run on 95, and 98..

I got a old laptop with a broken screen also before Vista on it.
I also have a Dell Vostro[?} that hasn't been plugged in in 1 1/2 years. Nothing wrong with it. Wife didn't trust it so we got a Mac. It has a new hard drive in it. I'd kind of like to plug it back in. How much shit will I go through to get it back up to date.

Daris

Question is what OS is on it ? I would have to dig around and find driver updates [etc]. for it .

Latest posts

Back