YouTube playback locks up my computer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi Nick and other computer geniuses...

Recently while viewing YouTube videos, my computer will completely freeze up during the upload process, and nothing will work in order to clear it up, until it downloads the video completely. My pointer freezes up, I've tried Control-Alt-Delete and nothing happens...I've tried Escape and nothing happens...My only alternative is to pull power, remove the battery and reboot, or I sit in a frozen state for a minute or two until the video completely uploads.

Is there a solution? Is one of my media drivers messed up? Help!

Try

Visit the FlashPlayer Test page at: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/.
Install the flash player if you have not already done so.
When the flash video plays, right click on the video, select Settings from the context menu and uncheck the “Use Hardware Acceleration” option. The settings seem to “stick” between sessions, so you should be all set.
Browse to Youtube and click on a video.
Let me know if that fixes the problem . PS: XP - Win7 ?

Last edited:
Since I already had the Flash Player installed, I right clicked on "properties" on the Youtube videos, and unchecked the box, and all works great. Thank you for the help!

I still don't know how the box (use hardware acceleration) got checked in the first place?

Latest posts

Back