Please help and go easy one me

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jk379

We started looking into replacing our carpet with pre-finished hardwood floors. We of course started looking at LL, and of course prices seem great. Than I started reading reviews about their store reputation and flooring, which didn't look good. So, here I am lost and confused. I need advice! Can anyone suggest a good flooring brand/brands. Maybe some online companies I could order from? Any information would be appreciated.

Do not by your flooring online. Aside from not knowing where its coming from youre taking a chance if you run into any problems. Find a local in your area with a good reputation. I sell Mullican on a regular basis to my customers and I dont even have a store front. Just because someone sits in a store all day does not mean that they can get you the best deal on your floor. I can usually beat the local stores by at least a dollar per sqft. Do some research and stay off the computer.

Chelsea Plank Floors. Completely manufactured in Chelsea, MI. Quality is second to none but they only do solids and do not do exotics.

I just went to LL the other day, for the 1st Time. I seen products look good in pkgs. but corners smashed , tongues broken, wood looks warped. Customers don't really know what to look for on product. A lot of installers have te worse time, with what they sell wood, and carpet and it's not their fault. The store is known to sell seconds. I was jute down on carpet the other day, 5.95 sy.not sf. Our store went to 5.85 just to get this guy to lose a deal. These pp. still went with 5.95 over a store known to have a great reputation with certified installers and loyal workmanship. Because the realtor is known to get deals for his customers. This guy buys junk from any ware. I seen it. They want my quality workmanship from referrals but to install his junk. Sorry i cant put our name on a product that may turn out like junk, too many pp. put blame on installers, i Lost 2 cust. from this guy. Because customer wanted cheap. I just don't want the trouble installing Something I'm not familiar with I'm anticipating a call soon, the store sold them laminate with the quiet step on it, the store owner says they don't need a moisture barrier. A kitchen, din, and halls. I told the customer it should always have a MB. He said the guy said i don't! i said he needs to get their installers to do it. I'm too busy to deal with pp. who want something for nothing. And want you to install it incorrectly. Sorry cant do that! My name on that, no way.

Next time you walk into LL ask them what you have to do to acclimate bamboo. lol

Just had another client who was purchasing Cali bamboo, after I told her she needs a humidifier, she called Cali and the salesperson said they didn't really need one. Even though the Cali literature wants 40% rh. They also claimed you could float stranded with T&G adhesive, not! Least not me. :D

I have one last client that has some wide stranded but I am gluing it down. After this one I am done with freakin bamboo.

Bamboo, that bad ha? I've never installed it. I don't think it's pretty floor, I dont blame you for not wanting to install it.
I get sick of sales pp. saying things they have no clue of, and what gets me is the customer believes everyone els who never touched a tool. I've been getting CPT precut always, and the junk is delaminating rolling it out into rooms, right in the center of it! Seriously! The junk keeps coming, getting worse every year! we did some laminate it was the drop n lock Cherri high gloss Finnish, on new construction the owner used a steam cleaner to clean the floors after we told them no liquids just mist dust mop and use felt pads for chairs and furniture. The whole floor squeaked. We had to go back to replace a panel in CPT because painter got something on carpet. While I was their, they replaced Leaking windows in the area ware laminate was. The store thought it was my fault! He is a inspector he said their was a nail under the sheet rock, I secured bottom of sheet rock and made my gaps to that, if their was a nail under it, I did not see it, even after I run my knife under it sweeping and vacuuming under sheet rock with a Crevice tool. not to mention the entry way did the same thing. I know that lady steam cleaned them. Twice the store replaced this floor, I didn't put it down the second Time. Lol has anyone hap problems with squeaking in these floors?

I will walk straight out the door if someone says they bought they're wood at LL, it's like they unload it by backing the truck up and slamming on the brakes. Then let a gorilla play with the boxes. When I went back they didn't believe that all the damage was from them. Most of the wood they carry is milled like s@#t also. You definitely get what you pay for with hardwood.

Latest posts

Back